Converting Production Supervisor - Aurora, IL
4189 - Aurora
2759 North Eola Rd
Aurora, Illinois, 60502
United States Career opportunity:
We are seeking a Production Supervisor for Converting who will be located at our plant in Aurora, IL. The successful candidate will manage and coordinate the efforts of hourly department employees, ensure product specifications are met with a high standard of quality and ensure compliance with all standards, policies and regulations for the safe, environmentally sound production of a quality product. Position is on 2nd shift or 3rd shift. How you will impact WestRock:
What you need to succeed:
- Manage and coordinate the efforts of hourly department employees.
- Ensure product specifications are met with a high standard of quality.
- Ensure compliance with all standards, policies and regulations for the safe, environmentally sound production of a quality product.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
What we offer:
- Work closely with team members to provide a safe work environment. Make recommendations to improve safety, environmental and health of the entire facility.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the shift with constant emphasis on safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Direct, train and coach shift employees.
- Maintain department shop floor metrics, visual controls, and continuous improvement methods to the manufacturing floor.
- Direct and execute daily production requirements.
- Meet or exceed plant productivity goals.
- Maintain waste generation at or below budgeted standard.
- Inspect the finished product to ensure quality specifications are met.
- Management of manufacturing employees to include performance reviews and discipline.
- Maintain full compliance of all safety rules.
- Maintain housekeeping excellence.
- Ensure all production reporting is completed timely and accurately for each shift.
- 3-7 years of supervisory experience in a supervisory or management role with industry experience.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and are the foundation of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans
Posting ID: 556634730Posted: 2020-06-04