Janitor, 1st Shift - Patchogue, NY
217 River Avenue
Patchogue, New York, 11772
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com. MPS Long Island Labels Facility - Patchogue, NYThe opportunity:
The Long Island Labels facility located in Patchogue, NY is looking for an experienced, self-motivated Janitor for the 1st shift (7:00am - 3:30pm, Mon-Fri) to keep working areas in clean and orderly condition. How you will impact WestRock:
What you need to succeed:
- Empties wastebaskets, and transports waste to disposal area.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, sinks, cafeteria, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, stairways, locker rooms, rugs, carpets and other work areas as needed.
- Washes walls, ceilings, windows, sills and woodwork.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies.
- Cleans floors with electric washing machine.
- Cleans lint, dust, oil, grease and other residue from machines and conveyors.
- Picks up scrap and salvage and takes to disposal container outside of building.
- Shovels snow as needed.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What we offer:
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Posting ID: 556634733Posted: 2020-05-21