The Pharmacy Manager is responsible for the management and supervision of daily operations and activities of the Pharmacy Services of CPMC. In addition, this position is responsible for assisting in ensuring safe medication management, regulatory compliance, policy and procedure development/implementation, and personnel career development. The Manager will have technician staff reporting to him/her. This person will also be an integral part of the CPMC Multi-Campus Pharmacy Administrative Team and will collaborate with this Team to ensure compliance with the highest standards of practice and patient care at all campuses. Qualifications:Education:
Doctor of Pharmacy is requiredLicense:
Registered Pharmacist - PHARM-R is requiredExperience:
Must possess a minimum of 5 years hospital experience, including a minimum of 3 year supervisory experience.Critical and Analytical Thinking
- Manage and supervise the daily activities of the department to ensure that quality services are provided in accordance with hospital and department policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- In collaboration with the Director of Pharmacy, ensure constant readiness and compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
- Acts as the Board of Pharmacy Pharmacist in Charge for the Pacific Campus, with all the concomitant requirements and responsibilities of this role.
- Oversees and directs implementation of departmental and System quality improvement goals and programs
- Participates in interdepartmental, multidisciplinary hospital committees.
- Participates in achieving the goalsfor the hospital and the pharmacy department through collaboration with the other members of the pharmacy administrative team and interdepartmental collaboration.
- Assume the coordinating role of project manager on any new program implementation or significant process change which effects the operation of the department at the Pacific campus.
Leadership and Professional Development
- Maintains a robust inter and intradepartmental communication plan and method.
- Maintain an active method of updating the Director of Pharmacy and the Pharmacy Administrative Team whenever appropriate.
- Makes every effort to obtain staff and interdepartmental input whenever appropriate
- Participates in performance coaching for all direct reports
- Promote and maximize the involvement of staff pharmacists in the provision of clinical pharmacy services including patient drug therapy monitoring, medication reconciliation, drug information to medical and nursing staff, and participation in in-service training and patient education programs.
- Encourages and promotes all staff to practice at the top of their scope of practice when this aligns with the departmental goals and objectives.
- Supervises the clinical practice rendered at Pacific & California campuswith eventual transition to the new hospitals at Van Ness-Geary & Pacific Heights. Works in collaboration with the department Director to ensurethe highest quality and consistent clinical care on all campuses.
- As a member of the P&T committee, promotes cost-effective therapies through optimization, integration and implementation and integration of a hospital Formulary.
- In collaboration with the pharmacy Director, participates in the development, review, revision and implementation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Develops, tracks and makes every effort to achieve personal and departmental goals each year
California Pacific Medical CenterEmployee Status:
RegularEmployee Referral Bonus:
8-12 Hour ShiftDays of the Week Scheduled:
Full TimeHrs Per 2wk Pay Period:
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Posting ID: 556634742Posted: 2020-05-28