Alta Bates Summit Medical Center is San Francisco East Bay's largest private, not-for-profit medical center with a total of 1,082 licensed beds. Each of our campuses has a 24-hour emergency, obstetric and medical/surgical services in both Oakland and Berkeley. At Alta Bates Summit Medical Center, you will find an environment that reflects the values and mission to support healthy living.
Performs activities and duties in decontamination, sterilization, case cart preparation, patient care equipment cleaning and distribution, and restock of crash carts and other house-wide specialty carts. Qualifications:EDUCATION:
LICENSURES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent education/experience required.
- Graduate of an approved Central Processing program or Operating Room Technician program ORequivalent combination of education and pertinent/directly related experience in Central Processing in an acute-care hospital environment required.
- Certified Registered Central Services Tech (CRCST)OR CertifiedSurgical Technician(CST) required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Graduate of approved program with completion of required externship in an acute care hospital performing instrument processing/handling functions required.
- Experience in an acute care hospital preferred.
- Sterilization methods including steam, ethylene oxide and plasma chamber.
- Handling of sterile items.
- Medical terminology, basic microbiology, anatomy, physiology and elementary physics principles as they relate to daily Central Processing functions.
- General use, identification, care and assembly of surgical instrumentation.
- Basic principles and methods of decontamination.
- Ability to competently perform and evaluate standard performance monitoring tests used for validation of sterilizations and sterilizat ion cycles.
- Competently operate all sterilization modalities in use at the medical center(ETO, STERRAD and Steam).
- Competently operate equipment used in cleaning and high-level disinfection activities (washer-decontaminator, ultrasonic cleaners and Steris System 1). Advanced instrument identification skills.
- Able to understand, speak, read and write in English.
- Basic computer skills.
Alta Bates Summit Medical CenterEmployee Status:
RegularEmployee Referral Bonus:
8 Hour ShiftDays of the Week Scheduled:
Varied DaysWeekend Requirements:
Per DiemHrs Per 2wk Pay Period:
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Posting ID: 556634751Posted: 2020-05-21