Serving the greater Stanislaus County with 423 acute care beds,Memorial Medical Center MMCprovides a full continuum of care, including:
- 24-hour emergency care
- inpatient and outpatient surgery
- specialty services in obstetrics, pediatrics, nuclear medicine, dialysis therapy, diagnostic imaging, intensive care, sleep disorders and physical therapy
- a Level IITrauma Center
Memorial Medical Center is an accreditedChest Pain Center
andSTEMI (heart attack) Receiving Center.
MMC is part ofSutter Health, one of thenation's top five large health systemsthanks to its integrated network of physician, employee and volunteer pioneers-more than 60,000 people strong. Rooted in Sutter Health's not-for-profit mission, these team members partner to deliver exceptional care that feels personal. From physician offices to hospitals to outpatient care centers and home services, they proudly support and learn from the more than 3 million people in their care-nearly 1 percent of the U.S. population, in one of the most diverse and innovative regions in the world.
Under the direction of the Director, Laboratory Services the shift supervisor is responsible for effective and efficient integration and management of the team and operations to properly provide laboratory services. Defines performance standards and manages operations to support consistent outcomes which meet or exceed quality standards. Plans, organizes, coordinates, directs and supervises daily testing activities to assure sufficient quantities of supplies, reagents and qualified competent staff are available to meet the standards of care including quality control and proficiency testing as well as training, counseling and disciplining of personnel engaged in testing. Under the guidance of the Medical Directors, implements new technology and is responsible for establishing, revising and updating policies and procedures of the technical areas. Disseminates departmental information and coordinates all activities of the night shift to maintain consistency in the workflow. Also functions as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist on the assigned shift.
Position is primarily responsible for the technical supervision of Hematology in the Clinical Laboratory. Under the direction of the Director, Laboratory Services will be responsible for planning, organizing and directing the day-to-day operation in these areas including quality control and proficiency testing as well as training, counseling and disciplining employees. Ensures that pre-, post-, and analytical processes are within control, functioning as expected, in a smooth, uninterrupted flow of work. Under the guidance of the Medical Directors, will be responsible for establishing, revising and updating policies and procedures of the technical areas. Qualifications:MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, chemistry,orrelated field or the equivalent.
- Current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist licensure upon hire
- Four (4) or more years' experience in an approved clinical laboratory with a minimum two years recent experience in clinical laboratories in an acute care facility.
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office Suite. Able to compose and draft correspondence, reports, spreadsheets, etc.
- Must be able to travel in and out of Stanislaus County, including transcontinental travel. If MMC and/or own vehicle used on employer business, must possess valid California Driver's License and upon request proof of liability insurance.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Two (2) years previous experience in supervision.
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) certification.
- Membership in Professional Societies that enhance technical or management advancement (AMT, NCA, ASM,etc.)
- Demonstrate leadership skills, must have initiative to work efficiently without supervision and direction.
- Demonstrate interactive skills and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to read, write, hear and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job.
Memorial Medical Center, ModestoEmployee Status:
RegularEmployee Referral Bonus:
8 Hour ShiftDays of the Week Scheduled:
Full TimeHrs Per 2wk Pay Period:
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans