The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting in the completion of both the weekly and month-end close. Responsibilities also include the analysis of accounting/finance reports and processing of weekly payroll, A/P check runs and billing of invoices.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Initialize weekly P&L for the Controller
- Initialize month-end P&L for the Controller
- Process assigned JE's to facilitate the month-end close
- Assist Controller in responding to Corporate or internal requests
- Complete assigned monthly reconciliations
- Process multiple weekly check runs
- Facilitate the collection of employee hours and submit for payroll on a weekly basis
- Back-up to A/P clerk when out for an extended period of time
- Perform multiple Ad-hoc reports weekly/monthly
- Perform additional reports and schedules as necessary
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Accounting or related field and 2+ years' of professional accounting experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid understanding of accounting principles.
- Proven ability to use Excel on a daily basis including manipulation of large amounts of data and creation of simple formulas.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and achieve effective time management.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet established goals and objectives.
- Sense of urgency & ability to meet deadlines; self-directed.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Work Environment & Physical Demands The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The majority of the time is spent in an office setting outside of the production plant. The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits
Posting ID: 556634763Posted: 2020-05-21