Are you an Information Technology professional looking for a fast-paced, challenging and transformational environment, where you can make a difference? Smithfield Foods, one of the country's top consumer packaged goods companies, is looking for you! Our Information Technology and Transformation (IT&T) team is searching for focused and driven candidates who are excited about communicating new ideas and delivering first-class technical solutions to meet the demands of a growing business. We foster a culture that values each individual's creativity, our environment and the communities in which we live.
As part of the Global Applications & Operations team, the Senior IT Service Management (ITSM) Analyst plays a vital role with ITSM data analytics, facilitating continuous improvements, enhancements, monitoring and organization changes related with the ServiceDesk function, ITSM and Smithfield's use of ServiceNow and other tools. This role is versed with ITSM principles to help maintain best in class service models for Incident, Problem, Knowledge and Service Catalog management at Smithfield. The Senior ITSM Analyst also performs basic cost-benefit analysis, interdependency analysis, and prioritization exercises related to ServiceNow service adoptions and system changes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Leverage ServiceNow and other tools to tightly integrate and enable more effective customer interaction, problem/incident resolution, change management, knowledge sharing and automation.
- Evaluate requirements and help develop roadmap for Problem / Incident (ITSM), Asset (ITAM) and Datacenter (DCIM) management.
- Assist with the implementation of a central Configuration Management Database (CMDB) as the authoritative source of relevant data.
- Assist with the establishment of the policies and governance needed for Operational Excellence and ITSM service delivery.
- Support and oversee ServiceNow enhancements and onboard new services.
- Maintain ServiceNow products, processes, and applications on the Now Platform (e.g., upgrades, operations).
- Collaborate with IT, Process Owners, and Process Stakeholders to gather and analyze needs, translate these needs into requirements to accommodate ServiceNow changes.
- Develop, evaluate, standardize, and maintain new & existing ITIL/ITSM processes that support IT processes, and make enhancements based on findings from analysis.
- Work with the ServiceNow vendor platform team to proactively identify opportunities to improve processes.
- Develop and maintain ServiceNow dashboards for reporting and metrics collection.
- Work with various stakeholder teams to identity potential service opportunities that can be implemented using ServiceNow.
- Help facilitate Organizational Change Management teams to prepare the organization for transformation and changes resulting from ServiceNow implementation.
- Analyze and report on key indicators of performance for Service Desk; including trends, customer feedback, resource efficiency, SLA's and other service quality attributes.
- Assist in scoping for Service Desk project initiatives.
- Stay current with industry standards, trends and tools with ServiceNow releases. Support the enterprise by providing information on best practice implementations.
- Monitor for ServiceNow Platform stability and performance while working with service providers.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Information Technology or related field and 2+ years of IT experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- 5+ years of experience in progressive IT roles, preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years of Customer Support experience working in a Service Desk, Technical Desk, or Service Desk facility with ServiceNow, strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework process areas, best practices and standards.
- Ability to process data and trends for service improvements.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly (MS Operating Systems, Office Products, and ServiceNow).
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast- paced environment with tight deadlines and multiple project deliverables.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products.
- Ability to partner with software and quality analysts to identify course of resolutions.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project management and prioritization and strong communication skills.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Up to 25% travel required.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Posting ID: 556634764Posted: 2020-04-30