Packer/Sealer, 1st shift, South Plainfield, NJ
901 Durham Ave
South Plainfield, New Jersey, 07080
United States In this role the Packer/Sealer will:
How you will impact WestRock
- Checks machine schedules; prepares corrugated cases for production lines.
- Cuts layer boards and dividers to fit into case pack.
- Operates cutter in safe manner.
- Maintains packing station with pallets and sealing tape.
- Applies case label to corrugated case and securely seals case when full.
- Stacks pallets uniformly at required height.
- Shrink wraps loads for shipment.
- Prepares load ticket for pallet count.
- Participates in line clearance procedures after each item is run.
- Operates motorized hand trucks.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Utilizing detail oriented skills to identify quality issues.
- Supporting Quality Assurance in delivering error-free products.
What we offer
- Must have the ability to read and write instructions and correspondence.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com. WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.#NJ
Posting ID: 556634774Posted: 2020-05-21