Smithfield Foods is a $15 billion global food company and the world's largest pork processor and hog producer. In the United States, the company is also the leader in numerous packaged meats categories. Popular brands include Smithfield , Eckrich , Nathan's Famous , Farmland , Armour , Farmer John , Kretschmar , John Morrell , Cook's , Gwaltney , Carando , Margherita , Curly's , Healthy Ones , Morliny , Krakus , and Berlinki . Smithfield Foods is committed to providing good food in a responsible way and maintains robust animal care, community involvement, employee safety, environmental and food safety and quality programs. For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
The Receptionist is responsible for providing a friendly and professional greeting to a high volume of visitors and callers. Issues visitor badges, directs visitors to their proper destinations and provides exceptional customer service. Duties also include maintaining conference rooms and meeting schedules, providing training for relief receptionist if needed, and occasionally provides clerical support to the Human Resources Department. Serves as backup to mailroom services as needed.
Core Responsibilities Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Operates multi line telephone console to route incoming calls and place outgoing local and long distance calls. Receives and relays incoming and internal calls. Refers messages to appropriate parties.
- Greet clients and visitors, receives and register visitors and assigns badges when necessary. Announces visitors and directs them to their proper destination.
- Performs clerical duties for the Human Resources Department.
- Responsible for maintaining front desk procedure log, master phone list, weekly announcements and new hire kits.
- Receives and directs deliveries
- Responsible for inventory, ordering and stocking reception break room supplies as well as ensuring that the breakroom and front desk area is neat and clean.
- Responsible for covering absences in the mailroom and providing mailroom support.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 3 years' experience in a professional office environment in a receptionist, clerical and/or administrative position; required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Must have the ability to navigate and research on the internet.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates confidentiality and discretion when required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment & Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment & Physical Demands The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Corporate working environment.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits