Job Description Summary
Architect - Sys Analysis
Effective Project Portfolio Management (PPM) enables the strategic organization of projects, maximizing efficiency and portfolio alignment to strategic objectives. The Architect - IT Governance supports IT Governance and IT PgMO processes, ensuring that PPM tools are configured to support the effective evaluation, selection, prioritization, and funding of competing IT investments. S/he ensures that data is accessible, usable and appropriately categorized for IT project governance and portfolio oversight.
• Maintain, configure and support IT Governance and PgMO Project Management applications, including enterprise PPM
Tool and project SharePoint sites
• Design and build dashboards, reports and data extracts, ensuring data is accessible and digestible for IT PgMO,
project stakeholders and executive team
• Create and implement solutions to improve workflow, communication, efficiency and effectiveness for IT Governance
and PgMO teams, collecting data and sharing information across teams and key stakeholders
• Manage system planning and configuration requirements to meet the needs of MAXIT and the business, including
regular system enhancements
• Develop strategies for metadata and taxonomy creation, allowing for optimal information organization and retrieval, as
well as executive level reporting
• Develop training materials and deliver in-house training for MAXIT and stakeholders
• Deliver ad-hoc reports and presentations as required
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required
• At least 4 years of experience with project management tools and processes including Agile methodologies, PMBOK,
ISO, Six Sigma, Risk management, project scheduling, estimating, and facilitation.
• Knowledge of the software development process and industry standards to support the processes
• Understanding of technology infrastructure, security concepts and platforms
• A structured thinker who is systematic in your approach to problem-solving
• Expert analytical skills. Fully able to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile
conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general
understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas
• Expert interpersonal skills to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders (such as
customers, program management, and engineering)
• Excellent, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
• The ability to work independently with moderate supervision required
• Experience using spreadsheets, databases, and/or reporting software to perform analysis required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software including Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint
• Smartsheet Product Knowledge
• Prior experience managing complex projects
• 3-5 years supporting enterprise PPM system
• Experience implementing Smartsheet Solutions
• SharePoint Site Management knowledge
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Typically requires an advanced technical degree and a minimum of 12 years in progressively responsible positions.
- Individual contributor who oversees large, technically complex projects.
- Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
- Position is recognized as a subject matter expert within a particular discipline.
- Some barriers to entry exist at this level (Sr Executive approval).
- Knowledgeable of emerging trends and may contribute to and influence best practices within discipline.
Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We're proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.