Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
Job Description Summary
MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS's founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
The Census Questionnaire Assistance (CQA) program supports the call center functionality for the upcoming 2020 Decennial Census. The Business Analyst provides recommendations based on business analysis and subject matter expertise to the operations management team for improving operational performance. The Business Analyst provides guidance and recommendations for performing processes and procedures and provides direction for achieving production goals and reporting from the CQA's applicant tracking and timekeeping systems.
Essential Job Duties
• Performs a variety of complex administrative and analytical tasks in support of the CQA program.
• Coordinates with business users to define business processing activities, data availability, and requirements, to implement operational procedures
• Collects, analyzes and interprets both qualitative and quantitative data; performs analytical and root cause analyses
• Utilizes management and planning tools (flow diagrams, affinity diagrams, gap analysis, and selection/prioritizing matrices)
• Facilitates discussions between operations teams, technical teams and business stakeholders on business processes and procedures
• Identify gaps in project and systems performance management processes.
• Assists in efforts to provide training, communication, presentations, and project documentation/artifacts
• Supports the project manager and/or product owner and stakeholders on project priorities
• Assists in maintaining project deadlines, budgets, and schedules
• Develops and produces reports as needed
• Conduct reviews, evaluate data/trends and create reports to summarize performance of systems and support continuous improvement.
• Perform quality audit of work products.
• Design, develop, and maintain self-service reports and dashboards, identifying KPIs to let business answer drivers of results, predict future outcomes and/or perform what-if analysis.
• Maintain knowledge library and system documentation and procedures.
• Successfully identify and mitigate risks.
• Seeks opportunities to add value to internal and external client initiatives.
• Manages the activities of the project in accordance with MAXIMUS established policies and procedures.
• May be required to work holidays, evenings and/or weekends.
• Travel may be required, less than 10%.
• Participates in special projects as required.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in IT or Data Analytics-related field or equivalent job experience
• 2-4 years of experience as a Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Change Manager or Project Manager in an IT setting
• 2-4 years of experience with Microsoft SharePoint and InfoPath
• Expert Microsoft Excel skills (lookups, pivot tables, etc.)
• Experience communicating and influencing cross-functional teams.
• Experience in handling confidential information and the effective communication of complex or sensitive issues.
• Strong analytical / problem solving skills
• Knowledge of relevant government regulations and standards.
In accordance with contractual requirements:
Employment and continued employment is contingent upon obtaining and maintaining a favorable initial and final suitability determination, which will be decided in the sole discretion of the Census Bureau.
Ability to pass United State Census Bureau suitability assessment.
MAXIMUS is unable to provide visa sponsorship in support of 2020 CQA Program.
Non-citizens must possess a valid and non-expired Permanent Resident Card or Employment Authorization Card. The suitability assessment requires residency in the United States for a cumulative period of three (3) years over a five-year period ending with the date of the security application prior to starting work in support of the 2020 CQA program.
Citizenship status requirement:
MAXIMUS follows the United States Census Bureau guideline for citizenship status which requires that you are either a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Green Card holder.
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of experience.
- May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope & complexity.
- General application of concepts & principles.
- Contributes to the completion of organizational projects & goals.
- Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- Applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Communicates on complex or sensitive issues or drafts such responses for supervisor or manager.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We're proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.