Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
Job Description Summary
The position is contingent upon award
The Operations Manager is responsible for providing oversight of operations by ensuring process and procedures are followed,, managing staff, daily operation activities, and planning the use of materials and human resources administrative services. Provides input to identify and implement innovative strategies to create operational efficiencies and processes for day-to-day Project functions. Ensures "best practices" are institutionalized to improve quality and overall delivery of present and future opportunities across the Project. Also responsible for performance management and reporting.
Essential Job Duties:
•Oversee operations functions and staff on a daily basis to ensure that all contractual requirements for processing applications, invoices, adjustments and appeals are met
•Responsible for identifying and resolving issues, problems, and concerns with employees Ensure adequate staffing levels, staff training, and compliance to meet contractual requirements
•Receive assignments in the form of objectives and determine how to use resources to meet schedules and goals
•Provide assistance and updates to staff regarding the programs, policies, and procedures
•Recommend changes to policies and establishes procedures
•Develop unit goals and objectives, and monitor achievement of these goals
•Conduct ongoing audits and review reports to identify areas for improvement
•Interact with different levels of external and internal customers
•Complete reports and metrics for the project and the Customer
•Ensure the confidentiality and security of all information
•Participate in program special projects as required.
•Travel to contact center locations and customer sites may be required.
•Flexibility required to work holidays, weekends and /or weekends to meet training needs.
•Flexibility required to work a number of shifts, including 3rd, shift that could change weekly to meet the needs of the training program.
•Perform other duties as assigned by leadership
•A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university; equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of degree
•At least three (3) to five (5) years of experience in operation management
•Ability to perform quantitative and qualitative analyses of existing business processes
•Ability to coach, develop and mentor team members
•Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
•Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
•Proficient in Microsoft Office products
•Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
•Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time
•Occasionally lifts, carries, or otherwise moves items weighing up to 25 pounds
•Work is constantly performed in an office environment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure project compliance with all operational requirements of the contract as well as corporate policies.
- Manage Customer Service and Outreach Programs.
- Manage direct reports and the cost- effective operation of all project tasks.
- Supervise subcontractors that provide services to program.
- Oversee audits of operations.
- Produce monthly Service Level Agreement (SLA) report for client, as well as ad hoc reporting.
- Collaborate with other Managers to ensure effective coordination of activities.
- Develop and implement operational policies and procedures in collaboration with other key stakeholders.
- Establish and maintains effective relationships with clients and other external entities.
- Oversee the development and implementation of innovative methodologies to improve service levels and overall operation efficiency.
- Supervise the project's quality assurance and training programs as well as corrective actions to ensure compliance.
- Monitor performance against key indicators established internally or by the clients.
- Generate solutions to issues or complex problems.
- Develop performance goals and objectives for staff, and monitor achievement of those goals.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience considered in lieu of degree, three (3) years of management experience, five (5) years of related experience.
- Able to manage large-scale operations, including single or multiple sites.
- Proven ability with operational analyses, processes and performance indicators.
- Capable of performing comfortably in a fast- paced, deadline- oriented work environment.
- Strong client management skills.
- Able to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent organization, written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of working as a team member as well as independently
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We're proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.