Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
Job Description Summary
MAXIMUS is currently seeking a Remote Business Intelligence Analyst to join our team. In this role, you will become an integral member of the Standardized Operations & Analytics Department, contributing to the successful delivery of business intelligence and analytics across the entire organization.
You Should Apply If You Have:
• A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Business Analytics, Information Systems, Statistics, or other area focused on quantitative analytics or applied mathematics
• 3+ years of experience in an analytical or technical role
• An eye for design and expertise in data visualization; an ability to create stunning enterprise dashboards that tell a story and provide actionable intelligence
• A genuine passion for working with data
• Experience with enterprise business intelligence platforms, such as MicroStrategy, Tableau, Qlik, Sisense, Birst, etc.
• An ability to successfully elicit and document business requirements and communicate those requirements to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Strong quantitative, statistical, and critical thinking skills; an attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal) with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
• Flexibility to travel up to 40%
• Master's degree in a related field
• Prior hands on experience with MicroStrategy
• Prior consulting experience
• Knowledge of government health programs (e.g. Medicaid)
• Contacts center processes / operational experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute analysis - often interrogating data and other information to perform root cause analysis, impact assessments, or to identify key measures and indicators of process performance making recommendations to improve or correct performance.
- Create and manage allied process documentation including business needs statements, business requirements, use case documentation, test plans, report specifications; ensuring all required process documentation is accurate, correctly detailed, maintained and organized in the appropriate repository.
- Design, execute and evaluate test plans to ensure source data are accurately represented in presentation data objects (dashboards/reports).
- Facilitate discussion among process stakeholders (both technical and non-technical) to elicit, analyze, communicate (both written and verbally) and validate requirements, process design, and business intelligence/reporting needs.
- Mentor, train, and provide guidance, background information, and assistance to managers, analysts and other staff on standards and best practices in the following areas: business and operational analysis, and interpretation and effective use of process models, presentation objects and other analysis artifacts.
- Ensure requirements are met and intended benefits are realized through the effective use of data via a range of visualizations (e.g, dashboards, reports), and alerts while instituting standards and best practices.
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of experience.
- May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope & complexity.
- General application of concepts & principles.
- Contributes to the completion of organizational projects & goals.
- Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- Applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Communicates on complex or sensitive issues or drafts such responses for supervisor or manager.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We're proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.