As a Maintenance (Full-time) teammate, you will play a key role in providing maintenance and custodial work within our properties. If you are in search of a rewarding career and have a passion to serve, join CubeSmart (NYSE: CUBE) as we reinvent storage and raise the bar for the industry. With over 30 years in the business, we are one of the largest owners and operators in the United States with over 900 facilities.
CubeSmart is looking for candidates who can bring WOW! to our team. With our continuous growth, a range of career opportunities have opened up across the country. We are excited to have you join us in this venture as we reinvent storage.
The Maintenance (Full-time) teammate is responsible for keeping a clean and safe storage facility by performing a variety of building and equipment maintenance duties including:
- Monitors facility to ensure condition meets company guidelines (i.e. landscaping, parking and paving, fence, walls, doors, painting) and performs minor and routine maintenance activities throughout the facility (i.e. HVAC, plumbing, gates, timers) to make certain everything is consistently in working order.
- Provides upkeep of the appearance of the building and property by sweeping hallways, stairs and storage spaces, including restroom areas.
- Uses equipment safely and according to instruction; including the proper handling and storage of chemicals and cleaners.
- Cleans vacated units on a timely basis and prepares units for future rentals.
- Reports maintenance requirements, potential equipment failures and unsafe conditions to management.
- Ensures the facility has sufficient supplies on hand to fulfill job duties and keeps work area clean.
- Maintains building accessibility.
- Works to maintain operational continuity between shifts.
- May require daily travel to and from other facilities for various tasks as directed.
CubeSmart seeks someone who enjoys Customer interaction and takes pride in the appearance of the store. We want to provide our Customers with a safe and well maintained environment.
The successful Maintenance (Full-time) candidate will have:
Note: You must have the ability to work Saturdays and Sundays.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of one to two years of related maintenance experience.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally with teammates and customers.
- Ability to make basic repairs and use simple tools and equipment.
- A general knowledge of site management that includes customer service skills and daily operational knowledge.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by you to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, you will be frequently required to stand, sit, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, reach, climb or balance on a ladder, and maneuver around physical properties while performing various maintenance and inspection duties. On occasion, you may need to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CubeSmart offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- Competitive Hourly Base + Bonus
- Ability to have a set schedule with no late hours
- Paid training
- Paid Time Off - Vacation, Sick and Holidays
- Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- 401k Retirement plan with company match
- Company paid short-term disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Teammate Discounts
- Ability to work in the office and outside
Posting ID: 556634969Posted: 2020-05-21