Sunrun is looking for an exceptionally skilled and motivated Sr. Manager of Advanced Product to manage the rollout of Sunrun's next generation of batteries, power conversion hardware, EV chargers, fuel cells, micro-grid controllers and other energy management products for the home. You will identify, specify, design systems and test products to ensure they are cost-effective, high quality, design-principled, and delight our customers.
- Identify and evaluate energy storage, inverter, and other solar/storage hardware for use by Sunrun to address business and market needs
- Collaborate with various internal partners and external vendors to meet design and program needs.
- Engage in collaborative design of new technologies as necessary, knowing when and why to recommend "build" vs "buy" including use cases and detailed financial modeling
- Test of new hardware; ongoing quality and performance review of deployed hardware, making recommendations and creating remedial plans when necessary
- Product management of residential solar inverters and energy storage systems (ESS)
- Experience in understanding how design impacts downstream sales as well as technical support and installation teams.
- Manage relationships with hardware manufactures and system integrators
- Liaise with other departments such as sales, operations and procurement
- Develop business use cases to articulate return on investments that can have enterprise impacts
- Aligned with Sunrun's mission to Create a Planet Run by the Sun.
- BS or higher degree in electrical engineering or similar.
- Ideally, 4-5 years' experience designing or product management of residential energy storage systems (ESS) and/or inverters. Equivalent experience in EV storage or charging hardware, or commercial scale ESS or inverters is also acceptable.
- Deep understanding of mechanical design, energy product firmware, safety and reliability testing, engineering review and financing protocols
- Strong business acumen - ability to articulate business implications
- High EQ, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with colleagues at all levels and areas of expertise
- Ability to make the complex simple for non-technical audiences
- Creative, with a can-do attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and meaningful environment.
Solar Careers For All
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That's why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women's Network, Sunrun's Veterans Network ("Liberty"), Women in Tech, and Sunrun's LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Posting ID: 556634982Posted: 2020-05-21