Duke University Hospital
is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 957 inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 51 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; an Ambulatory Surgery Center with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. In fiscal year 2018, Duke University Hospital admitted 42,916 patients and had 1,085,740 outpatient visits in fiscal year 2017.
U.S News & World Report named Duke University Hospital #1 in North Carolina and #1 in the Raleigh-Durham area in 2018-19.
Duke University Hospital is ranked in the top 20 nationally for seven adult specialties, including cardiology and heart surgery, nephrology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology, rheumatology, and urology.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers. Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognizedeach year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
Duke University Health System seeks to hire Ambulatory Care Nurses who will embrace our mission ofAdvancing Health Together.CLINIC DESCRIPTION:
Duke Family Medicine is a Duke Hospital Based Clinic that, in addition to Primary Care, also provides low risk Obstetric services to the communities in and around the Durham area. The majority of our patients participate in our Centering Pregnancy program and we have been a certified Centering Pregnancy Facility since 2016. The primary responsibilities of the RN in this position will include, but are not limited to, triaging OB phone calls/messages, helping coordinate and run multiple Centering Pregnancy Groups, assist in the scheduling of select prenatal appointments, labor Inductions and Cesarean Sections, provide prenatal education during OB nurse visits prior to the initial prenatal visit, assisting the Centering Coordinator with tracking patient attendance for their visits, and working with the Medical Home Case Manager to help keep patients in care. There is also the opportunity to work with the OB Providers and Residents in QI projects, protocol development and implementation. In addition you will have the opportunity to build and strengthen relationships with patients and their families who seek care within our clinic as many of our mom's continue their care here after delivery and bring their babies here for their Pediatric care. There will also be opportunities to participate in the direct care of our regular Primary care population as clinic staffing needs arise. HOURS
: PRN, As needed Job Summary:
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
- Plan, provide and document professional nursing care in ambulatory settings, utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures, under the supervision of the nurse manager, charge nurse or practice manager.
- Collect and analyze patient data, make recommendations for nursing care plans, evaluate nursing care provided, document and communicate appropriately nursing actions taken and patient responses.
- Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed and unlicensed care providers.
- Assist other nursing personnel in the delivery of patient care and serve as a team leader.
- Monitor and initiate corrective action to maintain the environment of care, including equipment and material resources.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Support the development of other staff and formal learners. Participate in the identification of clinical, operational and safety related performance improvement opportunities.
- Participate in clinic or entity level performance improvement activities.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start datePre-employment Physical Capacity Testing Required:Click here for more informationDuke Health Highlights:
- Knowledge of scope of the registered nurse, licensed practical nurse and all unlicensed assistive personnel
- Knowledge of and appropriate application of the nursing process Knowledge of professional theory, practice and procedures
- Ability to assess nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients and their families
- Ability to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships Ability to communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors, healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others Ability to teach patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care
- Ability to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and prioritize information, treatment, and follow-up
- Ability to use fine motor skills
- Competent in BLS and/or other specialized life support requirements designated by work area or organization Ability to record activities, document assessments, plan of care, interventions, evaluation and re- evaluation of patient status
- Ability to use the computer and learn new software programs Ability to document and communicate pertinent information using computer and/or paper documentation tools
- Ability to navigate the entity to provide clinical care for patients Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking with the ability to move or lift at least fifty pounds
- Ability to remain focused and organized
- Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to ambulatory patients Working knowledge of infection control procedures and safety precautions
- Working knowledge and completion of appropriate TJC and other regulatory requirements
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (or higher), Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program is required.
In addition to our three hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Keyword search: Outpatient, Clinic, Family, peds, adult, RN, Nurse
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department. Nearest Major Market:
Durham Nearest Secondary Market: