Child Care Advisor - WFS - CCS/DentonJob Category:
Operations Non-ManagementLine of Business:
Branding: ResCare About this Career Opportunity: Summary
Employee will manage a caseload of Denton Childcare Workforce Center customers in providing childcare services to customers and providers. Duties may include a combination of the following: intake, interviewing, assessment, eligibility verification, customer referral to support services, employer services, job coaching, job search and orientation/classroom instruction. When required, may perform job retention duties and monitoring. Strong communication skills. Must be knowledgeable about community resource and able to work with and relate to participants. Culturally sensitivity a must.Essential Job Responsibilities
- Oversees caseload of CCS customers to ensure positive outcomes.
- Provides intake services for applicants seeking subsidized child care services.
- Accepts and coordinates referrals for child care from authorized referral sources.
- Determines, verifies, and documents eligibility and notifies parents of their eligibility status.
- Enrolls categorically eligible children as authorized by the Board, the Workforce Center operator, other workforce services providers and PBWDB staff.
- Promotes and ensures parental compliance with the terms of the Personal Responsibility Agreement, invoking sanctions as warranted.
- Enrolls children in child care settings, as appropriate.
- Authorizes payment to eligible parents presenting appropriate qualifying documentation.
- Assesses parent fees.
- Implements client service, fund utilization, enrollment, and service priority strategies.
- Explains parents' rights and responsibilities and explains attendance responsibilities.
- Tracks attendance and services utilization.
- Refers suspected fraud or misuse to the appropriate resource.
- Enters client and case eligibility, demographic, and service information into the designated CCS system.
- Assists and prepares responses for quality assurance monitoring.
- Provides process informational support/instruction to parents as needed.
- May coordinate the recruitment, processing, and monitoring of local area relative providers.
- Other duties as assigned
Moderate TravelWork Environment and Physical Demands
Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time. 80% of the day will be spent sitting or standing while talking on the phone. Position RequirementsEducation/Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
Related 4-year degree from an accredited college/university or 3 years directly related progressively responsible work experience or equivalent combinations thereof.Qualifications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong management and organizational skills.
- Aability to work across all levels of management and staff.
- Must be knowledgeable about community resources and able to work with and relate to clients.
- Cultural sensitivity a must.
- Must be computer literate and have Microsoft Word and Excel skills at a minimum with the ability to learn specialized databases and software systems.
- Bilingual preferred.
ResCare offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, disability, life, and tuition reimbursement. All employees age 21 and older are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.About Workforce ServicesJoin us in transforming peoples' lives and their communities!
ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Child Care Advisor - WFS - CCS/Denton.About this Line of Business
ResCare Workforce Services is the nation's leading and most comprehensive provider of services and solutions designed to help put people to work.
With more than 400 urban, suburban and rural ResCare-managed operations throughout the nation, ResCare's team of more than 4,500 workforce professionals sets the industry's best practices, assisting approximately 1 million job seekers a year, states and state job boards and thousands of employers.
Within this business, Workforce Services offers a combination of career center operations, Job Corps centers, business services and family support functions, and is the largest for-profit collection of workforce solutions in the U.S. Through the six elements of our world-class service delivery model, our team of experts have an enhanced ability to connect employers with qualified job seekers.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
1300 TEASLEY LN, DENTON, TX 76205-7946 USA