Residential ManagerJob Category:
Operations ManagementLine of Business:
Branding: ResCare About this Career Opportunity:
- Abides by and demonstrates the company's Mission, Vision, and Values through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day basis.
- Supervises the provision of assistance to person(s) served in order to promote their physical, social, and psychological well
- Monitors and ensures staff follow agency procedures to promote optimum safety practices to provide a safe environment.
- Monitors and ensures staff follows agency procedures to promote optimum health care and behavior supports.
- Monitors and ensures staff completes all documentation as required to ensure quality services.
- Supervises staff interactions with person(s) served and support staff to promote the rights of the person(s) served to achieve enhanced quality of life.
- Ensure MSDS (material data safety sheets) are present for all supplies/chemicals as applicable for assigned service sites.
- Conducts timely performance reviews.
- Maintains a work environment that supports dignity and fair treatment of staff.
- Participates in recruitment, ensures vacancies are filled in a timely manner, and participates in all hiring and termination decisions for assigned locations.
- Ensures that staff is deployed appropriately, and that staffing ratios are in compliance with regulatory and service plan requirements.
- Prepares and posts schedules in a timely manner, and efficiently utilizes staff.
- Oversees staff training and orientation and maintains records.
- Reviews and provides feedback on all staff documentation, including time and attendance, requests for time off, etc.
- Ensure staff is properly trained on MSDS for chemicals/supplies.
- Serves as a positive role model and supports development of staff.
- Conducts staff counseling and corrective action including work improvement plans and follow-up.
- Ensures applicable OSHA compliance standards are met and all related training occurs. Documents training and compliance in accordance with ResCare and regulatory requirements.
- Promotes the individuality of person(s) served by ensuring that common living areas and bedrooms are individualized to reflect the personality of the person(s) who lives there.
- Implements systems for disposal, collection and storing of medical waste.
- Implements and oversees Best in Class initiatives for assigned service site(s).
- Provides timely and appropriate feedback and oversight on staff documentation, including daily progress notes, data sheets, and incident reports.
- Ensures that each person served has an activity schedule developed and implemented.
- Oversees implementation of services outlined in person(s) served service plan.
- Oversees implementation of and compliance with audit systems.
- Observes the implementation of client rights and coaches staff on choice issues such as possessions, use of money, and church preferences.
- Assists with the review and tracking of incident and accident reports.
- Responds to emergencies for person(s) served.
- Participates as needed with investigations involving persons served and employees at assigned service site(s).
- Monitors labor hours and ensures assigned service site(s) are operating within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensures timely submission of trust fund requests, receipts, and related financial documentation.
- Ensures a safe work environment to minimize worker's compensation injuries and financial expenditures. Responsible for timely reporting of all service site injuries and assist with the management of claims.
- Monitors service site expenses relative to budgets.
- Trains staff on financial and administrative controls.
- One year of supervisory experience required.
- Previous experience providing services and supports to individuals with acquired brain injuries preferred.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) with all levels of personnel, internal and external to the company. Ability to work flexible hours and locations and cover direct care shifts as necessary.
- Experience in managing systems, processes, and people.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State, and local regulations concerning services to individuals with acquired brain injuries.
- Ability to use a calculator and other general office, household, and adaptive equipment.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven supervisory skills.
- Based on geographical location, you may be required to be certified as a Food Service Director
BA/BS in Business, Health Care Administration or a Social Science OR high school diploma/GED and equivalent work experience of 3 years in brain injury services or residential services for individuals with disabilities. Exceptions to educational requirements must comply with state law. Exceptions must have written approval of the Administrator or designee.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid driver's license from state of residence with a satisfactory driving record as defined by ResCare's vehicle policy and/or liability insurance carrier (as applicable per program requirements).
ResCare offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, disability, life, and tuition reimbursement. All employees age 21 and older are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.
ResCare also offers a PayOUT program that allows employees to set their own pay day. Click here to learn more about this program. About Our CompanyJoin us in transforming peoples' lives and their communities!
ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Residential Manager.About this Line of Business
We cover thousands of homes across the country, with a comprehensive range of programs and services, including host home and foster care. ResCare partners with people in the community who open their homes to individuals with disabilities and assists families by providing adoption and foster care services. With almost four decades of experience in the IDD services field, our aim is to be the provider-of-choice in the development of unique and proprietary service offerings and technologies - working toward innovative care models and leading health outcomes with states and payers.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
914 BROOKDALE ST, MARTINSVILLE, VA 24112-3105 USA