Talent Development Counselor - NCUS - LancasterJob Category:
Professional: ClinicalLine of Business:
Branding: ResCare About this Career Opportunity:
Reports to: Supervisor
- Manages a caseload of participants and provides counseling and mentoring.
- Assesses participant competencies, work history, educational attainment, skills and abilities; identifies challenges to finding employment and prompts them to find solutions.
- Conducts regular ongoing individual meetings with participants for job search, education, job retention, and/or job readiness.
- Completes an individualized overview of available services and works with participant to create an employment plan for short- and long-term goals.
- Maintains information about area resources and employers.
- Ensures participant accountability and attendance; tracks and maintains employment retention goals.
- Provides government agencies with prompt notification that a participant has lost or reduced hours of employment.
- Maintains scheduled, periodic contact with participants in a variety of locations to assess job retention/advancement issues.
- Provides information to participants on available training and/or jobs that will lead to advancement.
- Assumes central responsibility for participants achieving self-sufficiency by monitoring progress throughout the program cycle, beginning with referral and continuing through retention and advancement efforts.
- Prepares, organizes, and maintains accurate, updated information in both electronic and paper participant files reflecting the entire history of a program participant including log of supportive services issued.
- Provides case management with a focus on helping customers to prepare for employment that leads to self-sufficiency.
- Facilitates customer access to training, education, and to employment services, as well as job-specific information; provide case management to customers at the appropriate level.
- Related Associate degree from an accredited university or college, or equivalent work experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Related work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Familiarity with the communities being served, with knowledge and understanding of local needs and resources.
- One to three years' experience in workforce development or related programs
ResCare offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, disability, life, and tuition reimbursement. All employees age 21 and older are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.About Workforce ServicesJoin us in transforming peoples' lives and their communities!
ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Talent Development Counselor - NCUS - Lancaster.About this Line of Business
ResCare Workforce Services is the nation's leading and most comprehensive provider of services and solutions designed to help put people to work.
With more than 400 urban, suburban and rural ResCare-managed operations throughout the nation, ResCare's team of more than 4,500 workforce professionals sets the industry's best practices, assisting approximately 1 million job seekers a year, states and state job boards and thousands of employers.
Within this business, Workforce Services offers a combination of career center operations, Job Corps centers, business services and family support functions, and is the largest for-profit collection of workforce solutions in the U.S. Through the six elements of our world-class service delivery model, our team of experts have an enhanced ability to connect employers with qualified job seekers.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
Lancaster, PA 17603 USA