Talent Development Specialist - Special ProgramsJob Category:
Learning and DevelopmentLine of Business:
Branding: ResCare About this Career Opportunity: Summary
Assists program participants in developing vocational goals reflective of their skills, capabilities and interests. Manages participant progress towards achieving goals by creating and updating plans and/or related documentation.Essential Job Responsibilities
- Interviews and assesses each participant to gather information on their education, background, prior work experience, skills, interests, and short/long term employment goals.
- Assists the participant with up-to-date employment information, including high-demand occupation lists, hiring events, etc.
- Uses assessment tools to develop a realistic career pathway.
- Provides job search help and job referrals to the participant at each meeting. Matches participant's qualifications to requirements on employer job orders.
- Ensures that all participant updates are entered in the appropriate application the same day in accordance with program regulations, policies and procedures.
- Monitors performance reports to ensure all services and data entry are entered timely and accurately.
- Assists program participants in developing job readiness skills and provide feedback to case managers as needed.
- Reaches out to participants to provide job matching services, information on hiring events, and following up for potential hire information.
- Creates/maintains program participant file with up-to-date documentation as required by program regulations, and local policies and procedures.
- Disseminates labor market information and information regarding Workforce Development Services, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), Food Stamp Employment and Training (FSET), Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA), Child Care and Development, Job Corps, Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA), Unemployment Insurance and supportive services as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Up to 25% travel as needed. Position RequirementsQualifications / Experience / EducationRequired:
- Minimum High School graduate or equivalent.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to navigate through computer software to document required information.
- Ability to interact with team members, sharing responsibility to accomplish common goals and objectives.
- Understanding of daily workforce center operations.
- Knowledge and experience in interviewing and employment counseling.
- Skill in solving employment-related problems.
- General knowledge of public employment and training programs.
- Understanding and awareness of the needs of disadvantaged individuals and other persons who face barriers to employment.
- Understanding of techniques for developing jobs in the public and private sectors.
- Working knowledge of workforce center programs (WIOA, TANF, SNAP, Youth)
- Extensive standing, sitting, computer, phone, and deskwork required; some kneeling and lifting of up to 10 pounds required.
- Working primarily in a defined office environment with specified hours, although flexible hours including overtime may be required.
- Interacting one-on-one and in groups with individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Position will provide outreach to community programs in order to recruit individuals for programs. Knowledge of social media as well as marketing and video making preferred. Position will be stationed at the Vancouver, WorkSource as a part of the WIOA Title 1 Team. First consideration will be given to those who apply by May 7th. Starting wage $40,000 DOE.Benefits
ResCare offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, disability, life, and tuition reimbursement. All employees age 21 and older are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.About Workforce ServicesJoin us in transforming peoples' lives and their communities!
ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Talent Development Specialist - Special Programs.About this Line of Business
ResCare Workforce Services is the nation's leading and most comprehensive provider of services and solutions designed to help put people to work.
With more than 400 urban, suburban and rural ResCare-managed operations throughout the nation, ResCare's team of more than 4,500 workforce professionals sets the industry's best practices, assisting approximately 1 million job seekers a year, states and state job boards and thousands of employers.
Within this business, Workforce Services offers a combination of career center operations, Job Corps centers, business services and family support functions, and is the largest for-profit collection of workforce solutions in the U.S. Through the six elements of our world-class service delivery model, our team of experts have an enhanced ability to connect employers with qualified job seekers.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
204 SE STONEMILL DR STE 215, VANCOUVER, WA 98684-3507 USA