Foster Care Child Support AideJob Category:
Operations Non-ManagementLine of Business:
Branding: ResCare About this Career Opportunity:
ResCare Foster Care Child Support Aides are responsible for providing the support required to ensure the safety and well-being of a particular child, including child supervision and the documentation of the child's care. Foster Care Child Support Aides work under the direction of a home care supervisor.Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Document support information about the child's essential care requirements and ensuring the child's needs are met during services.
- Establish processes for emergency medical treatment.
- Provide physical and behavioral support that ensures the health, safety and well-being of the child in their current placement and community.
- Provide physical assistance and support to the child to prevent injury to self or others.
- Provide protective supervision and positive behavior support for the child at all times.
- Perform only the tasks defined in the child's ResCare HomeCare Plan of Care.
- Immediately report any changes in a child's mental or physical condition, as well as changes in the client's need for care, to the home care supervisor.
- Follow ResCare HomeCare's policies and procedures and attend all required training.
- Provide timely documentation for work performed.
- Report to work as scheduled, prepared and on time.
- Respect the rights of the children and families to have different beliefs, opinions, cultures, lifestyles, and customs.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of information regarding the children.
- Have a professional working relationship with the children at all times.
- Demonstrate complete honesty and ethical behavior at all times.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AS SPECIFIED BY W.A.C. AND DSHS/AAA CONTRACTS:
- Ability to lift 20 pounds, reach above the shoulders, bend forward from the waist, bend at the knees and stand for long periods.
- Ability to push, pull, force exertion up to 50 pounds.
- Communications skills sufficient to convey and understand the information required to implement written plans of care and/or verbal instructions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge and ability to monitor the behavior of the children, or the capacity to learn how to monitor their behavior.
- Ability to immediately respond to emergencies without direct supervision and in accordance with ResCare HomeCare policies and procedures.
- Acceptance of a child's individual differences and preferences.
- Ability to comprehend and maintain professional boundaries at all times with the children, their families, friends and representatives.
- Be bilingual or multilingual if serving limited English speaking children.
- Be age 18 to 20 years and be enrolled in a BA or BSW program: or be age 21 or older and have at least a high school diploma or GED.
- Possess knowledge of community resources for youth.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of family systems and child development.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of a team or multi-disciplinary approach.
- If transporting children, be 21 or older and have a reliable means of transportation and valid driver's license, a good driving record with no history or DWI violations or moving violations) and automobile liability insurance that meets the statutory required minimum amounts of coverage.
- Possess valid CPR and First Aid certification.
- Successfully complete a criminal background check through DSHS and the WA state Patrol and the FBI if applicable.
- Possess the ability to work with diverse groups and populations.
- Possess the ability to make objective, visual assessments of home conditions and crisis situations and to communicate information appropriately.
ResCare offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, disability, life, and tuition reimbursement. All employees age 21 and older are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.
ResCare also offers a PayOUT program that allows employees to set their own pay day. Click here to learn more about this program. About Our CompanyJoin us in transforming peoples' lives and their communities!
ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Foster Care Child Support Aide.About this Line of Business
As one of the industry's largest providers, HomeCare services offers care for more than 20,000 individuals across the country. We deliver quality, compassionate and highly individualized in-home care and support that helps seniors stay at home - all while maximizing their dignity, privacy and independence. Whether our clients are recovering from illness, injury or surgery, living with a chronic disability or dealing with the natural process of aging, our services are tailored to meet the individual needs of people of all ages, physical conditions and cognitive abilities.
HomeCare services include personal care and homemaking programs, professional nursing, geriatric care management, Alzheimer's/dementia care, respite care and other programs, as well as differentiated offerings in home monitoring with Rest Assured Telecare that help reduce hospital visits and keep people in their homes longer.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
924 S PINES RD STE 100, SPOKANE VALLEY, WA 99206-5423 USA