Medical CoordinatorJob Category:
Professional: ClinicalLine of Business:
Branding: ResCare About this Career Opportunity: General Summary
This position will compile, process, and maintain medical records, of person(s) served in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal and regulatory requirements of the health services system. Report patient information for health requirements and standards. Essential job responsibilities
- Attend weekly team meetings as coordinated by RN supervisor
- Monitors triage reports
- Maintain medical records according to are regulatory requirements
- Maintain all diagnostic filing, electronic, scans and hard copy documentation to the current chart, including but not limited to results, physician appointments and follow ups
- Phone physician for appointments for individuals
- Provide medical record information to other operations, agencies and physicians' offices
- Provides requested information to Support Center staff as requested
- Assures charts and/or files are purged on a regular basis, monthly and/or as required
- Maintain up-to-date client health profile in EHR face sheet for each person served and input necessary information into database, as applicable
- Schedules all required medical appointments with in 30 days of admission as directed and annually thereafter
- Dispose of non-controlled medication under direction of RN Case Manager
- Follow up on chart reviews and CNA recommendations by physician and as directed by RN
- Send prescriptions ordered to pharmacy
- Prepare consult paperwork weekly for upcoming appointments and other consults as needed
- High school diploma or GED. Exceptions to educational requirements must comply with state law and regulations.
Travel RequirementsWork Environment and Physical DemandsPhysical demands
- Valid driver's license, with a satisfactory driving record, as defined by ResCare's vehicle policy.
- Must meet all agency requirements for pre- employment as required by ResCare and/or State regulations
- Must have the ability to use a computer utilizing company documentation systems.
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) with all levels of personnel, internal and external to the company.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Capable of working responsibly with highly confidential information.
- Must maintain state regulatory certifications, as required by state/program requirements
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, and walk: to reach with hands and arms; and to talk and listen. The employee is required to type on a computer keyboard and the employee may be asked to occasionally lift and/or move heavy objects up to 75 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision. Work environment:
The work environment described here is representative of what an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in home-like and office settings with varying temperature degrees. The noise level can vary from moderate to loud. Additional InformationBenefits
ResCare offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, disability, life, and tuition reimbursement. All employees age 21 and older are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.
ResCare also offers a PayOUT program that allows employees to set their own pay day. Click here to learn more about this program. About Our CompanyJoin us in transforming peoples' lives and their communities!
ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Medical Coordinator.About this Line of Business
We cover thousands of homes across the country, with a comprehensive range of programs and services, including host home and foster care. ResCare partners with people in the community who open their homes to individuals with disabilities and assists families by providing adoption and foster care services. With almost four decades of experience in the IDD services field, our aim is to be the provider-of-choice in the development of unique and proprietary service offerings and technologies - working toward innovative care models and leading health outcomes with states and payers.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
3700 Belgium Lane, San Antonio, TX 78219-2508 USA