DSP - HomeCare IDDJob Category:
CaregiverLine of Business:
Branding: ResCare About this Career Opportunity:
Join a team of passionate and caring people who make a difference in people's lives. We are now hiring for Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to provide direct care to those with intellectual and developmental disabilities. This position provides support and training, including but not limited to emotional support and monitoring and development of life skills, all leading to increased independence and participation in community life. Our DSPs are the STARS of our organization who provide caregiving to the people we support. This will be performed in a home-like setting.
- Performing personal care tasks, including assistance with basic personal hygiene and grooming, feeding, and ambulation, medical monitoring, and health care related tasks.
- Fostering positive relationships between individuals served and their circle of support.
- Ensuring client safety and maintaining a safe environment
- Assisting with toileting, including bedpans, urinals, and commode chairs
- Reminding/assisting client with self-administration of medications (with proper training)
- Encouraging self-help activities
- Implements Individual Service Plan and Behavior Support Plans.
- Manage Individual's behaviors by prevention or de-escalation of aggression. Use positive methods to address behavior needs in accordance with the Individual's Service Plan (ISP) and Behavior Support Plan (BSP) and/or under the direction of a Behavior Specialist or DDP
- Reporting changes in client's condition or family situation to the office
- Documenting services provided. Keeps accurate daily documentation of activities, fire/ disaster drills, Behavior Support Plans, medications, goal and data tracking, as well as other documentation
- Performing home management functions such as light housekeeping, laundry, bed making, and cleaning
- Planning meals, shopping for groceries, preparing and serving food/meals, feeding and clean-up
- Transport individuals to and from community activities and medical appointments
- Transporting clients or running errands for clients
- Other duties as assigned
- High school degree/GED required
- 18 years of age or older
- Valid driver's license (in most cases)
- Ability to work in home-like settings
- Have six months experience in home management activities and must meet state-specific requirements under licensure and other programs. Must meet all state requirements for
- Private Home Care regulations - Personal Care Aide requirements or be Certified Nursing
- Assistant on the GA State registry.
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) with all levels of personnel, internal and external to the company
- Ability to handle physical aspects of job, including bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching, and walking for periods of time
- Must maintain state regulatory certifications, as required by state/program requirements
- Attend all required training in accordance with ResCare, regulatory and funding source requirements.
- Medication Administration as required by state/program requirements
ResCare offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, disability, life, and tuition reimbursement. All employees age 21 and older are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.
ResCare also offers a PayOUT program that allows employees to set their own pay day. Click here to learn more about this program. About Our CompanyJoin us in transforming peoples' lives and their communities!
ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a DSP - HomeCare IDD.About this Line of Business
As one of the industry's largest providers, HomeCare services offers care for more than 20,000 individuals across the country. We deliver quality, compassionate and highly individualized in-home care and support that helps seniors stay at home - all while maximizing their dignity, privacy and independence. Whether our clients are recovering from illness, injury or surgery, living with a chronic disability or dealing with the natural process of aging, our services are tailored to meet the individual needs of people of all ages, physical conditions and cognitive abilities.
HomeCare services include personal care and homemaking programs, professional nursing, geriatric care management, Alzheimer's/dementia care, respite care and other programs, as well as differentiated offerings in home monitoring with Rest Assured Telecare that help reduce hospital visits and keep people in their homes longer.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
1399 BIG A RD, TOCCOA, GA 30577-6030 USA