Admissions CounselorJob Category:
Operations Non-ManagementLine of Business:
Job Corps Services
Branding: ResCare About this Career Opportunity:
- Pre-orientation occurs as scheduled for students.
- Student Handbooks are prepared, updated, approved and available to students and staff.
- Documentation indicates each staff and student assigned has performed as required or properly informed Orientation and cognizant manager.
- Absences are noted on weekly report.
- All required reports involving new students are accurately completed and submitted within the established time frames.
- Provides backup delivery of services, as staffing requires.
- Performs counseling functions for new students including AWOL retrieval, referrals and initial assessments, and termination data.
- Students receive all required training during Orientation.
- Participates in Outreach efforts whenever possible, reports efforts via weekly report.
- Attends each meeting or arranges for designee to attend, has all required data ready to present.
- Meets frequently with team members to assure quality services are being delivered to new students.
- Meets or exceeds goals for early losses.
- Identifies any problems with recruiting process, works for resolution, and informs superiors when resolution is beyond control center. Reports all in weekly report.
- Other duties as assigned
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Human Services, Psychology, or related field from a four year college or university, including at least 15 counseling credits or related credits; or equivalent combination of education plus related experience.
- Valid State Driver's License.
ResCare offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, disability, life, and tuition reimbursement. All employees age 21 and older are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.About Job Corps ServicesJoin us in transforming peoples' lives and their communities!
ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Admissions Counselor.About this Line of Business
ResCare Workforce Services is the nation's leading and most comprehensive provider of services and solutions designed to help put people to work.
With more than 400 urban, suburban and rural ResCare-managed operations throughout the nation, ResCare's team of more than 4,500 workforce professionals sets the industry's best practices, assisting approximately 1 million job seekers a year, states and state job boards and thousands of employers.
Within this business, Workforce Services offers a combination of career center operations, Job Corps centers, business services and family support functions, and is the largest for-profit collection of workforce solutions in the U.S. Through the six elements of our world-class service delivery model, our team of experts have an enhanced ability to connect employers with qualified job seekers.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
Hazleton, PA 18201 USA