Housing Navigator-RHAPJob Category:
Operations Non-ManagementLine of Business:
Branding: ResCare About this Career Opportunity: Summary
Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing. Ability to clearly present and explain information to groups. Speak clearly and persuasively to other staff, agencies, employers, property owners/managers, mechanics, hotel/motel operators, and other service providers on behalf of clients. Establish effective working relationships with other staff, agencies, employers, property owners/managers, mechanics, hotel/motel operators, and other service providers. Exercise appropriate judgment in answering questions and releasing information; analyze and project consequences of decisions and/or recommendations. Maintain confidentiality of files and records. Assess client needs and conduct in-depth interviews that are sensitive. Have knowledge of the homeless community and County demographics. Implement and apply regulations to daily duties. Exercise attention to detail. Organize, prioritize, and complete a large volume of work within strict time deadlines.Essential Job Responsibilities
- Work with our clients experiencing homelessness to help place in immediate shelter (hotel/motels) and help overcome barriers or issues that affect their ability to obtain and retain housing and move towards self-sufficiency.
- Manage/process referral(s) received from County and Community following the Tier 1 and Tier 2 guidelines.
- Manage and maintain a revolving caseload.
- Assess clients to determine appropriate levels of service on a case-by-case basis.
- Refer clients to appropriate agencies for specialized services and/or counseling.
- Develop action and stabilization plans with clients.
- Consult with other staff, agencies, employers, property owners/managers, mechanics, hotel/motel operators, and other service providers.
- Provide and document individual/group counseling and referral services
- Assist in developing immediate solutions to emergency problems and expediting delivery of needed services.
- Determine approval of supportive services based on certain criteria.
- Utilize data processing systems.
- Complete documents and forms, maintain records and files, and schedule appointments.
- Provides supportive services and issues additional funds and necessities to clients as needed.
- Document all expenditures, payments, and service issuances to clients.
- Work closely with prospective property owners/managers within the community to promote permanent opportunities for homeless individuals and families through outreach and education.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Services field preferred or equivalent skills and experience.
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office, Email and Data Entry.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Driver's License with good driving record.
- Travel throughout the County.
ResCare offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, disability, life, and tuition reimbursement. All employees age 21 and older are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.About Workforce ServicesJoin us in transforming peoples' lives and their communities!
ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Housing Navigator-RHAP.About this Line of Business
ResCare Workforce Services is the nation's leading and most comprehensive provider of services and solutions designed to help put people to work.
With more than 400 urban, suburban and rural ResCare-managed operations throughout the nation, ResCare's team of more than 4,500 workforce professionals sets the industry's best practices, assisting approximately 1 million job seekers a year, states and state job boards and thousands of employers.
Within this business, Workforce Services offers a combination of career center operations, Job Corps centers, business services and family support functions, and is the largest for-profit collection of workforce solutions in the U.S. Through the six elements of our world-class service delivery model, our team of experts have an enhanced ability to connect employers with qualified job seekers.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
613 W VALLEY PKWY STE 200, ESCONDIDO, CA 92025-2551 USA