At Anixter, we give you an opportunity for a career and a great work environment. We are a friendly, employee focused organization that prides itself on customer service, flawless execution and a hard day's work. If you are looking for a great work environment, great benefits and an opportunity to grow your career, please read on! *Home nights and weekends - no overnight or weekend travel*Position Purpose:
Make deliveries to customer job sites while adhering to all safety procedures. Load inventory on truck and unload at customer site. As the customer "face", answer questions from the customer as it relates to orders, returns, ETC - serve as the conduit between the customer and the Anixter sales team.Responsibilities include:
We are looking for candidates with:
- Performs routine inspection of vehicle and supplies to ensure road safety.
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for traffic and/or construction.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- Delivers merchandise to customer and contacts customer if they are not present.
- Loads truck with daily merchandise to be delivered as well as unload merchandise for customer.
- Pulls orders to match manifest.
- Prepares and maintains records in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Contacts customers regarding delivery and updates them on order status.
- Provides assistance to resolve customer issues including but not limited to handling paperwork related to returns and order discrepancies.
- Serve as the liaison between the customer and Anixter team while onsite with the customer.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
We offer an excellent pay and benefits that includes:
- Demonstrated success providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels including the customer while on site, sales team, and operations team.
- Class A - Operate vehicle with GVW over 26,000 pounds not in combination, or transport hazardous materials that require placarding.
- Proper licensing relative to equipment.
- Forklift certification.
- HazMat certification may be required.
- Although preferred, experience using a Moffett is not required.
- Medical, Dental and Pharmacy plan eligibility after 60 days.
- Access to virtual doctor for common illnesses. Get advice from a doctor without leaving your home!.
- Annual health screenings available at no cost to you.
- 401k with 50% company match.
- Vacation time.
- Holiday pay.
- Employee preferred provider discounts through PerkSpot.com.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee Referral Program - Big $$$ for referring great employees!
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Life Insurance programs.
- Health saving options (FSA and HSA).
- Many other benefits available!
Check us out on the web at www.anixter.com for more information.
We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran
Click here to apply online
Posting ID: 556635452Posted: 2020-05-21