Church of God Home
801 N. Hanover St.
Carlise, PA 17013
7:00 am-7:00 pm
7:00 pm-7:00 am
3:00 am- 3:00 pm
3:00 pm- 3:00 am
A licensed nurse who is qualified to provide basic nursing duties. Coordinates and communicates as a resident advocate to the physician. Oversees the nurse aides of all resident care. Demonstrates good communication skills with resident families.
Major Responsibilities, Duties, Functions, and Tasks of the Position
- Perform responsibilities in accordance with the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing Standards of Nursing Conduct
- Assist with physician rounds/notifications as needed and comply with protocols for transcription of orders and end of month paperwork
- Supervise and evaluate all direct resident care provided and initiate action as necessary.
- Instruct nursing assistants in proper implementation and monitoring compliance of policies and procedures to assure quality standards of resident care.
- Monitor resident condition changes and implement appropriate corrective actions, including notification to appropriate resident contacts.
- Implement and update resident plans of care
- Respond appropriately during emergency situations and provide instruction to nursing assistants.
- Completes the admission or discharge of residents
- Perform the responsibilities of the CNA's, as needed.
- Counsel supervised staff and consult with supervisor regarding disciplinary actions
- Immediately report resident related care concerns about treatment or abuse to the Department Supervisor as well as the Executive Director of the facility
- Interact with Team Members, Residents, and Guests in a courteous and professional manner
- Be accountable for all information in the Team Member Handbook
- Maintain confidentiality of resident, Team Member, family and facility information
- Understand and upholds Resident Rights
- Follow each Residents Plan of Care
- Follow oral and written instructions for all duties assigned and performed in an effective, timely and professional manner
- Complete assigned tasks in accordance with organization, facility, and department procedures
- Demonstrate the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Use supplies in an efficient and cost effective manner
- Ensure equipment is treated with proper care and is used only for the purposes and in accordance for which it was designed to be used for
- Follow facility reporting guidelines for any equipment that is not functioning properly or is need of repair
- Use Infection control practices, including Standard Precautions, to prevent the spread of diseases
- Maintain cleanliness of work area
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance tasks, as directed
- Complete all documentation per facility protocol and Standards of Practice
- Follow all IT protocols, including submission of Sysaids, for all technology related issues
- Answer call bells and assist as able
Posting ID: 556635573Posted: 2020-05-21