Coordinates, develops and maintains quality recreational and social programs by involving residents, staff, families and the community by:
- Interviews residents upon admission to determine their likes and dislikes.
- Documents the resident's participation in activities daily.
- Develops a monthly activity calendar based on the resident's needs and desires and ensures that it is posted throughout the facility and meets State and Company standards. The calendar is submitted to the Administrator for approval seven days before the end of the month.
- Plans and maintains a budget and inventory list of activity equipment and supplies. This list is submitted to the Administrator for review at least quarterly.
- Evaluates the overall effectiveness of the resident's activity program and, as necessary, modifies the program to meet the resident's needs and interests.
- Plans and coordinates a facility newsletter.
- Coordinates a resident council to ensure resident input into the activity program.
- Drives company van on organized outings.
- Coordinates resident shopping orders for those unable to shop independently.
A high school graduate and must have a drivers license to operate a motor vehicle and the ability to read and write. Must be eighteen years of age or older. Prior experience in developing and coordinating activity services for the senior population is preferred. Organized and a Self Starter. Basic computer skills required. Valid drivers license with driving record in good standing per insurance vendor.
Posting ID: 556637846Posted: 2020-04-30