At Niagara, we're looking for Team Members who want to be part of achieving our mission to provide our customers the highest quality most affordable bottled water.
Consider applying here, if you want to:
- Work in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment with a chance to make an impact.
- Develop lasting relationships with great people.
- Have the opportunity to build a satisfying career.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages for our Team Members.
Production Department Manager
This position is responsible for managing daily operations of the Production Department; ensuring the plant meets established safety, quality, and production goals in compliance with all applicable legal and food safety requirements.Essential Functions
- Manages and directs activities of the production department, ensuring product adheres to Niagara's standard of safety, quality, and throughput.
- Collaborates with the planning department to create production schedules that meet both internal and external needs. Establishes and adjusts work procedures and schedules to meet production plan.
- Maintains effective working relationships with team members through open communication, visibility, and involvement to promote a positive working environment that maximizes safety, employee engagement, productivity, and throughput.
- Provides direction to supervisors on team member coaching and development, employment decisions, and resolving issues through conflict resolution. Hires, trains, coaches and reviews performance of team members. Partners with Human Resources for recruitment, corrective actions, and terminations.
- Collaborates with Maintenance Department leadership to plan preventative maintenance on the production lines.
- Analyzes and submits reports for production numbers, downtime, attendance, overtime and quality checks to the Plant Director.
- Collaborates with the Plant Director and Planning Department to develop the Production Department budget and forecast.
- Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Develops capital equipment justification for machine upgrades and process technology to improve quality, cost, and cycle times.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of department personnel.
- Interfaces with multiple departments within in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Collaborates with plant leadership to champion a world-class safety culture.
- Adheres to the highest standards of company and plant safety programs, guidelines, rules, and regulations.
- Abides by Niagara's Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) and Food Safety Standards at all times.
- Collaborates with raw material planners to ensure correct inventories based on production schedules. Escalates supplier quality issues to prevent customer shortages.
- Partners with the Quality Department to prevent and resolve Non-Conforming Finished Goods and Non-Conforming Raw Materials.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- 6 Years - Experience in Field or similar manufacturing environment
- 6 Years - Experience in Position
- 6 Years - Experience managing people/projects
*experience may include a combination of work experience and education
- Understanding of production processes and controls
*experience may include a combination of work experience and educationCompetencies
- Preferred Qualifications:
- 10+ Years- Experience in Field or similar manufacturing environment
- 10+ Years - Experience working in Position
- 10+ Years - Experience managing people/projects
This position embodies the values of Niagara's LIFE competency model, focusing on the following key drivers of success:
- Lead Like an Owner
- Manages a safe working environment, accurately documents safety related training, and effectively communicates safety incidents
- Provides strategic input and oversight to departmental projects
- Makes data driven decisions and develops sustainable solutions
- Skilled in reducing costs and managing timelines while prioritizing long run impact over short term wins
- Makes decisions by putting overall company success first before department/individual success
- Leads/facilitates discussions to get positive outcomes for the customer
- Makes strategic decisions which prioritize the needs of the customer over departmental/individual goals
- Continuously evaluates existing programs and processes, and develops new initiatives to increase efficiency and reduce waste
- Creates, monitors, and responds to departmental performance metrics to drive continuous improvement
- Communicates a clear vision, organizes resources effectively, and adjusts the strategy as needed when managing change
- Find a Way
- Demonstrates ability to think analytically and synthesize complex information
- Effectively delegates technical tasks to subordinates
- Works effectively with departments, vendors, and customers to achieve organizational success
- Identifies opportunities for collaboration in strategic ways
- Empowered to be Great
- Makes hiring decisions primarily based on culture fit and attitude, and secondarily based on technical expertise
- Engages in long term talent planning
- Provides opportunities for the development of all direct reports
- Understands, identifies, and addresses conflict within own team and between teams
- Minimum Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or related vocational studies
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or related vocational studies
- Required: N/A
- Preferred: N/A
Any employment agency, person or entity that submits a rsum into this career site or to a hiring manager does so with the understanding that the applicant's rsum will become the property of Niagara Bottling, LLC. Niagara Bottling, LLC will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.Employment agencies that have fee agreements with Niagara Bottling, LLC and have been engaged on a search shall submit rsum to the designated Niagara Bottling, LLC recruiter or, upon authorization, submit rsum into this career site to be eligible for placement fees.
- Required: None Required
- Preferred: None Required
Posting ID: 556637999Posted: 2020-05-21