The Float Pool RN valuates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care. Assists physicians during examinations and procedures. Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
The Float Pool RN valuates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care. Assists physicians during examinations and procedures. Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.Requirements:
- Associates Degree in Nursing
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Indiana.
- BLS certification
- ACLS within 6 months of hire
- PALS within 6 months of hire
- Complete basic ECG interpretation course within 6 months of hire
- Conducts accurate and timely clinical assessment. Identified and prioritizes patient/family needs and concerns. Develops and implements an individualized plan of care supporting realistic goals, education and discharge planning. Assure care is consistent with the established policies, procedures and protocols and standards of care.
- Communicates with the patient information to make informed decision related to his/her care.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of the nursing process to include assessment, intervention and evaluation.
- Has a successful record of adding value to organizations through the proactive analysis and resolution of potential bottlenecks that may negatively affect the organization.
- Demonstrates a record of significantly improving patient experience.
- Possesses superior communication skills, demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment, and be able to effectively direct front and back-end work processes and personnel toward a common goal.
- Documents information to validate the nursing care given and decisions made.
- Manages and delegates patient assignments in a manner that reflects safety, quality and efficiency to the patient and others in the interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the organization's mission, vision and values supporting organizational decisions and behaviors. Contributes to the development and implementation of systems and processes ensuring strategic goal attainment. Actively participates, models and supports work aligned with the five pillars (Quality, Service, People, Finance, and Growth). Actively participates, models, and supports positive behaviors and transparent communications.
- Developing Expertise - Takes action to continue to develop and acquire new expertise that is of increasing value to the organization
- Relationships, Conversation and Collaboration - Works as part of a team with others, and shows respect and values diversity toward others.
- Service Orientation - Demonstrates efforts to discovering, meeting and advocating for the customer's needs. Actively participates to improve the patient experience.
- Excellence Orientation - Takes actions to continually improve quality and safety in daily work. Actively participates in improving work processes to meet and exceed customer requirements. Identifies opportunities for improvement based on process observation, outcome measures, and feedback from patients and other customers. Reports errors in a timely and appropriate manner. Takes initiative and is accountable for areas of responsibility meeting regulatory requirements including but not limited to maintaining annual TB testing, completing annual mandatories, and maintaining current registration/certification/licensures as appropriate to position requirements.
- Problem Solving - The ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces or tracing the implications in a step-by-step way.
- Initiative - The identification of a problem, obstacle, or opportunity and proactively taking action to address current or future problems/opportunities.
- Impact and Influence - The ability to persuade, convince, influence, or impress others (individuals or groups) in order to get them to go along with or to support one's opinion or position. The key is to understand others, since Impact and Influence is based on the desire to have a specific impact or effect on others.
- Organizational Awareness - The ability to understand and learn the influence relationships in one's own organization or in other organizations (e.g., key stakeholders, suppliers, etc.). This includes the ability to identify who the real decision makers are; the individuals who can influence them; and to predict how new events or situations will affect individuals and groups within the organization.
Posting ID: 556638024Posted: 2020-05-21