Sr. Records Clerk POSITION PROFILE
Under the supervision of the Ricoh Records Manager, Records Supervisor, or Site Manager, pursuant to the firm's records management procedures and guidance, oversees and coordinates daily tasks, workflow and special projects within the Records Management Department; including, but not limited to, creation, tracking, monitoring, labeling, delivery, closure and storage of active and/or inactive client or firm files. File maintenance including filing and indexing records. Interfaces with supervisors, co-workers, and other staff members for the purpose of exchanging information. Most contact is internal to the organization.JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Perform records center operations tasks in accordance with established RIM procedures.
- Respond to specific requests by searching, locating, retrieving, and delivering records or information through established procedures and delivery systems in a timely manner.
- Receive files for entry into Records Management System (RMS); review for accuracy and enters data. Sort, classify, and code material for filing, indexing and shelving.
- Prepare new files within file classification plan, both physical files and electronic files.
- Maintain timely, accurate, and complete filing, interfiling, and indexing as required.
- Generate labels and bar coding as necessary to track files.
- Accurately perform interfiling of loose items on timely basis.
- Perform assigned tasks that support the organization's legal hold process.
- Perform database queries and reports of activities as needed.
- Retrieve and arrange file delivery as requested.
- Access, compile, gather, and issue requested records and information.
- Receive and process records transferred to inactive storage in accordance with established schedules.
- Perform assigned tasks supporting the implementation of the organization's approved retention schedule.
- Scan records as directed, saving images in accordance with ESI policies and procedures.
- Serves as key contact with offsite storage vendors.
- Maintain accurate check out system.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of all firm and client files.
- Maintain organized Central File room, or backup file areas as directed.
- Perform backup and disaster recovery processes as directed.
- Monitor Records Management email and voicemail boxes and responds appropriately to requests and inquiries.
- Provide exemplary customer service.
- Handle special projects such as destruction implementation as directed.
- Provide input to management based on current and projected workload.
- Knowledge Of:
- RIM, EDRM, ESI industry best practices.
- Organizational/RIM security requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Personal computer skills.
- Familiarity with MS tools.
- Experience working in a legal environment.
- Experience working with databases and generating report.
- RIM program policies and procedures.
- Organizational requirements regarding records security, classification, and access.
- Skills Sets Required to Perform Successfully:
- Ability to take direction and perform tasks accordingly.
- Build effective and lasting relationships.
- Collect metrics and communicate project status.
- Understand agreements with vendors and service providers; establish good working relationships with vendors and firm employees.
- Communicate appropriately verbally and in writing.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Team work and sense of urgency as required.
- Seek feedback from others and opportunities to learn new skills.
- Exercise good judgment by making sound and well-informed decisions.
- Ability to learn and become competent with firm's record systems which may include Legal Key, Elite, File Surf, Interwoven and/or Outlook.
- Manage physical boxes.
- Identify conflicting task instructions and notify management.
- Verify appropriateness of authorization.
- Provide customer service.
- One or more years of college with specialized course work in administrative management and computer technology.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent; Prefer BA or AA; special training in RM a plus.
- Requires experience in operating office equipment such as reprographics equipment, calculators, and reader/printers.
- Law firm experience dealing with legal secretaries, paralegals, attorneys.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Good typing skills and basic computer skills with diligent attention to detail.
- Records experience helpful or previous filing experience with cataloging systems.
- Attention to detail very important.
- Ability to handle special projects assigned by records specialists/managers.
- Professional appearance, adherence to dress code.
- Prefer candidates with experience in an active records environment.
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Posting ID: 556638027Posted: 2020-05-21