Lantern Park in Coralville is now seeking a Full-Time 1st Shift Maintenance Supervisor with experience or familiarity with general building maintenance, sprinkler systems, generators, Life Safety Regulations and OSHA regulations. Supervisory experience is a must for this position, supervises the Full-Time Maintenance Assistant. There is occasional weekends included with this position and includes being on-call.
Under general supervision of the Administrator, the Maintenance Supervisor position assumes responsibility for overall operation and upkeep of the facility physical plant and grounds, performing preventive maintenance and repairs within scope of knowledge/skills/professional licensure or certification. Functions with some latitude in areas of technical expertise, and within constraints of established policy, practice and procedure.
- Demonstrated skill in institutional maintenance.
- Proficiency with tools and equipment used in maintenance and repair work.
- Skilled in maintenance areas such as plumbing, electrical, heating/cooling, carpentry, painting, and lawn care.
- Functional literacy in spoken and written English.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, communication, and supervisory skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Complete assignments timely, completely and accurately.
- Develop and implement procedures for operation of facility physical plant, preventive maintenance, and corrective repairs according to regulations, laws, and facility policy; maintains current procedure manual specific to the facility.
- Maintain material safety data sheets (MSDS).
- Organize and maintain all records necessary to operate the maintenance department.
- Develop and implement repair and maintenance schedules and establish work logs or checklists for assuring maintenance activities are accomplished as needed for all areas of the facility and grounds.
- Supervise schedules for repair and maintenance by contractors.
- Recruit, interview and hire appropriate individuals to implement maintenance schedules.
- Orient new employees to maintenance duties, evaluate performance, discipline, and recommend termination of staff in accordance with laws, regulations, and facility policy and procedure.
- Explain and interpret policy and procedure to subordinates.
- Supervise maintenance procedures and waste disposal procedures in accordance with facility policy.
- Supervise proper care and use of maintenance equipment.
- Assist in development of maintenance budget and spending plan; operate within set budget.
- Assist or assure maintenance department assistance to housekeeping staff for heavy cleaning and floor care.
- Assure appropriate tools, equipment, materials and supplies are available for performance of maintenance duties; establishes and maintains inventory and records of purchase.
- Assure facility or equipment modifications, preventive maintenance or repairs are done in accordance with applicable procedures, codes, regulations, and laws.
- Conduct fire and disaster drills, inspections and training.
- Use equipment/tools/supplies according to instructions, observing safety precautions and protective measures.
Delegation of Authority
Authority is delegated to the individual in this position to:
- Develop and implement maintenance systems to meet residents' needs in compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
- Determine the personnel requirements for the maintenance department and make recommendations for sufficient staff to implement maintenance policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement a monitoring system for the maintenance department and make recommendations for implementation to assure compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
- Supervise the entire operation of the maintenance department.
- Order or requisition supplies to operate the maintenance department.
Position reports to: Administrator
Position Supervises: Maintenance Staff
Posting ID: 556638030Posted: 2020-04-30