SUMMARY: To maintain and repair industrial arts equipment and small or hand held tools.DUTIES:
In addition to the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must perform the following duties:
- Complies with state-approved Code of Ethics of the Education Profession and upholds and enforces rules, administrative directives and regulations, school board policies, and local, state and federal regulations.
- Articulates and facilitates the implementation of the mission and values of the Albuquerque Public Schools.
- Safeguards confidentiality of privileged information.
- Prepares and maintains accurate and complete records and reports as required by law, state directives, district policy and administrative regulations.
- Shares the responsibility for the supervision and care of district inventory, proper and safe use of facilities, equipment and supplies, and reports safety hazards promptly.
- Maintains professional relationships and works cooperatively with employees, the community and other professionals.
- Maintains professional competence through individual and staff training, in-service educational activities and self-selected professional growth activities.
- Attends and/or conducts staff meetings and participates on committees within area of responsibility.
- Performs other tasks related to area of responsibilities as requested or assigned by an immediate supervisor.
Incumbent must achieve the following outcomes with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Maintains and repairs equipment including lathes, drill presses, band saws, power hack saws, milling machines, electric welders, oxygen-acetylene welders, sheet metal equipment, table saws, shapers, radial arm saws, jig saws, jointers, planers, dust collectors, belt sanders, compressors, hand tools, laminating presses, kilns, stapling machines and others.
- Drives a variety of vehicles while transporting equipment and supplies to work sites.
- Responds to emergency calls, troubleshooting, repairs and restorations.
- Determines supplies needed from work orders and job site assessment and obtains materials from warehouse.
- Obtains and reviews written and verbal work orders and requests from assigned supervisor.
- Ensures appropriate site-based personnel review and sign work orders upon arrival and departure.
- Cleans work site properly after the completion of duties.
- Performs all work following all applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Estimates costs and material needs for new construction and repair jobs.
- Performs necessary preparations and installations to create interfaces with new and existing work.
- Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable workmanship, consistent with specifications and local codes.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Knowledge of APS community, computer system, financial and legal requirements.
REQUIREMENTS: EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
The minimum expectations for this job are as follows:
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE:
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects.
- Ability to work extended hours as requested by supervisor and in accordance to CWA agreement.
- Knowledge of installation, maintenance, modification and repair of industrial arts equipment and small tool repair.
- Proficiency in the use of testing equipment and other hand and power tools.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematic drawings.
- Knowledge of all applicable codes, regulations and laws.
- Four years of experience in tool repair and industrial arts equipment.
The minimum requirements for this job are as follows:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment physical examination.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment skills test.
- Valid New Mexico driver's license with insurable driving record.
- Satisfactory completion of criminal background verification.
CONTACT PERSON: AL POHL, email@example.com
Contact: Ronald Gallegos at / GALLEGOS_RON@aps.edu
GRADE / LEVEL:
Posting ID: 556638074Posted: 2020-05-21