Outside candidates or non D schedule employees please apply to the Substitute Custodian (Full Time Position) position that is posted under job type Custodian.
To maintain a clean and safe environment at the assigned location for students, APS staff and the community.
Incumbent must achieve the following outcomes with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Cleans all areas as directed by an immediate supervisor according to established procedures.
- Ensures custodial work is performed efficiently and safely and that resulting work improves the safety and cleanliness of all areas.
- Complies with local laws and APS procedures for the storage and disposal of supplies, chemicals, trash and waste; safely handles chemicals according to chemical directions and APS policy.
- Sweeps and mops floors.
- Vacuums carpeted areas and spot cleans as needed or as requested.
- Dusts and cleans shelves, lockers, blinds, furniture, light fixtures and exhaust registers as needed and requested.
- Cleans chalkboards, washes walls and windows as needed and requested.
- Strips and waxes floors and seals wood floors as requested.
- Performs minor maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs and tubes, unplugging plumbing fixtures and other similar duties as requested.
- Notifies immediate supervisor regarding emergencies, graffiti and other vandalism on property.
- Opens and closes gates and buildings, examines and inspects doors, windows, buildings and property.
- Safeguards assigned keys and ensures the security of grounds; provides notification to APS police of departure time of working night shift and other security concerns.
- Moves limited furniture, supplies and equipment as necessary and requests assistance as needed.
- Properly maintains, transports, and stores custodial equipment, supplies and chemicals according to APS policy; notifies supervisors of need for supply and equipment replacement.
- Sets up and takes down tables, chairs and bleachers and related duties as instructed by immediate supervisor.
- Reports any accidents, hazardous situations or malfunctioning equipment to appropriate personnel as soon as possible.
- Operates and handles all equipment, tools and supplies in a safe manner.
- Provides service for emergency work or overtime as needed.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Reading, writing and basic mathematics skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Knowledge of APS community, computer system, financial and legal requirements.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects.
- Ability to measure and accurately use measuring devices.
- Ability to identify emergency situations and report to appropriate personnel.
- Valid New Mexico driver's license with insurable driving record.
- High School diploma
- Completion of the custodial training program; all custodians are also required to complete a mandatory APS asbestos awareness training.
- Regularly lift and move more than 75 pounds in equipment and supplies which requires bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and lifting.
Contact: Abril Kiesling-Sierra at / email@example.com
http://www.aps.edu CLASSIFIED APPLICATION
GRADE / LEVEL:
Posting ID: 556638123Posted: 2020-05-21