Performs a variety of phlebotomy and specimen collection procedures. Also responsible for specimen processing, test order entry, urine drug screen and breath alcohol collection processes. Day shift, with rotation to evenings as needed, rotating weekends and holidays.
- Performs venipuncture, capillary and other collection procedures to obtain specimens for laboratory analysis, in order to obtain data which may be used in the diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of disease.
- Performs specimen processing, test order entry, and miscellaneous procedures such as urine drug screening and breath alcohol testing.
- Interacts with patients of all ages, must be able to demonstrate empathy and excellent customer service skills.
- Must be detail oriented and able to follow established safety procedures. .
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent [Diploma Required]
- Preferred, completion of a phlebotomy training program and phlebotomy certification.
- Phlebotomy experience, and ASCP or NHA or other certification preferred, but not required.
Posting ID: 556638290Posted: 2020-05-21