Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Data Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Data Architecture and Modeling group. This group is responsible for the architecture and implementation of a Data Analytics System to be used on restricted programs. This DAS will be comprised of a series of extractions and integrations with operational engineering applications and databases. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Designs, models, documents, and guides the logical and conceptual relationship of data and database changes for complex applications.
- Analyzes needs and requirements of existing and proposed systems, and develops technical, structural, and organizational specifications.
- Create standards and develops modeling to monitor and enhance capacity and performance across multiple DB platforms and environments to include interaction with multiple databases.
- Ensure architecture supports future enhancements and system integration activities.
- Management of multiple disparate database environments, including managing data models, tables and schemas to store data across multiple applications environments
- Develop and maintain complex scripts/programs to support data computation, data loading, and data integration, to include future data integration activities
- Perform database management functions including resolving performance issues, making schema changes required for new functionality, and installing new releases and patches
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. GBSDJobsQualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field from an accredited institution with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- 5 years of experience as a SQL developer
- Demonstrated experience in ETL tools including creating and maintaining SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services)
- Demonstrated experience in python scripting, designing data models, schema and tables, data modeling tools
- Active DoD Secret or higher clearance
- Experience with SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS)
- Experience implementing, tuning, and maintaining SQL databases using Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience working in Agile development methodologies
- Experience with PLM applications and terminology, specifically supporting Aerospace customers
- Expertise with PLM and data interoperability standards such as PLM XML, eQube MI integrations/extractions, eQube BI reporting
- Demonstrated understanding of Product Lifecycle Management Systems and specifically Teamcenter 11.x
- Thorough understanding of Aerospace effectivity management principles
- Advanced degree in a STEM discipline from an accredited institution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.