At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautic Systems sector is seeking a highly motivated Test Pilot 4 to support E-2D air vehicle and mission systems, ground and flight tests. Candidate will be based in Patuxent River, MD and directly support the E-2D Integrated Test Team (ITT). ITT test program support include Aerial Refueling Experimental Flight Test, future air vehicle development programs, DSSC upgrade development testing, and future missions systems development programs. Occasional collateral duties include the support of E-2D production and FMS programs. Candidate will support engineering, systems safety, and the E-2 program with development of systems and vehicle test plans, procedures, and test cards. Candidate will also provide NATOPS manual inputs and conduct E-2 aircrew training. Candidate shall display professionalism, leadership, have a strong work ethic, work well with others, and be able to function as member of the E-2D Integrated Test Team at Patuxent River, MD. Additionally, the candidate will be required to provide training and mentorship to other pilots and engineers on the test team. Domestic and international travel up to 25% required, to include detachments lasting several weeks. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight for development of test plans / test cards to ensure safety and efficiency
- Lead pre-flight briefs to efficiently coordinate complex air vehicle testing with large team of aircrew and engineers.
- Lead post-flight debriefs to collect relevant test data and ensure lessons learned are captured for future testing
- Execute test missions as pilot in command during real-time, high risk experimental flight test missions
- Coordinate group training events to encourage continued learning within the test team
- Mentor Pilots and Flight Test Engineers
- Incorporate "lessons learned" and process improvements to maintain / improve safety and efficiency within the team
- Author pilot daily reports highlighting details of test missions
- Manage NATOPS and aircrew training materials changes
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline and 9 years of relative experience or Master's Degree and 7 years of relative experience
- 1000 hours Pilot in Command (PIC-all types) and 100 hours in E-2s
- Hold current or have the ability to attain secret clearance
- Candidate shall have experience generating technical documents and working with various software tools such as MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to pass FAA Class II physical as a condition of employment.
- FAA commercial pilot certificate or greater with multi-engine and instrument rating as a condition of employment
- BS Degree in Engineering or equivalent technical discipline and a minimum of 14 years of experience in the aviation industry or MS Degree in Engineering or equivalent technical discipline with a minimum of 12 years of experience in the aviation industry
- A background of performing manned flight test activities in conjunction with the US Navy.
- Current or former E-2D pilot NATOPS Qualification. 1500 hours PIC (any type) and 1,000 hours experience in E-2.
- Hold current or have the ability to attain top secret clearance
- Test Pilot School graduate or be able to obtain a NAVAIR Test Pilot School (TPS) waiver.
- Experience working with foreign military personnel.
- Aviation curriculum development experience.
- NATOPS model manager experience.
- Instructor pilot experience.
Posting ID: 556638611Posted: 2020-05-21