At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems Sector is seeking highly motivated Weapon Systems Operator (WSOs) to support E-2D air vehicle and mission systems, ground and flight tests. Candidate will be based in Patuxent River, MD and directly support the E-2D ITT. ITT test program support currently includes Aerial Refueling Experimental Flight Test, future air vehicle development programs, Mission System Software upgrade development testing, as well as future mission systems development programs. Weapon System Operator will conduct E-2D Mission System and Air Vehicle ground and flight tests, as aircrew, to support the Weapon System Specification verification process for developmental flight test and act as engineering and data analysis liaison for Future Development Insertion for the E-2D Weapons System. Participate in Air Vehicle and Mission System Technical Interchange Meetings, Preliminary Design Reviews, Critical Design Reviews, and Flight Readiness Reviews. Write ground and flight test plans, procedures, training for other aircrew, and update Naval Air Training and Operating Procedures Standardization (NATOPS) when applicable. Brief other test aircrew and E-2D fleet squadrons on new hardware and software capabilities. When designated as Test Conductor, be responsible for overall conduct of test and provide technical feedback to engineering in support of potential software and/or hardware modifications. Additionally, some work with foreign governments is possible with E-2D sales abroad. Candidate shall display professionalism, leadership, have a strong work ethic, work well with others, and be able to function as member of the E-2D ITT. Domestic and international travel up to 25%. Roles and Responsibilities:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Work/fly alongside Navy Test aircrew to ground and flight test new system hardware and software
- Provide oversight for development of test plans / test cards to ensure safety and efficiency
- Assist engineering in development of Weapon System Specification (WSS)
- Work with the Software integration Lab to determine WSS compliance
- Write Discrepancy Reports on new software and hardware functionality and work with engineering to determine potential corrections
- Based on new system capability, write NATOPS changes and brief other aircrew on new system requirements and functionality
- Write post-flight summaries/reports and debrief engineers on success of flight and test points conducted as defined in the test plan
- Lead pre-flight briefs to efficiently coordinate complex testing with large team of aircrew and engineers.
- Lead post-flight debriefs to collect relevant test data and ensure lessons learned are captured for future testing
- Coordinate group training events to encourage continued learning within the test team
- Mentor other aircrew and Flight Test Engineers
- Incorporate "lessons learned" and process improvements to maintain / improve safety and efficiency within the team
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline and 9 years of relative experience or Masters Degree and 7 years of relative experience.
- Minimum DoD Secret Clearance and able to obtain Top Secret clearance
- Must be able to pass FAA Class II physical as a condition of employment
- E-2D NFO NATOPS qualified
- Candidate shall have experience generating technical documents and working with various software/data processing tools such as MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint,, and other various programming languages
- Master's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline
- DoD Top Secret Clearance
- Test Pilot School graduate
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.