Northrop Grumman Space Systems is looking for an experienced manager with proven leadership skills to manage the Space Systems Engineering Subject Matter Expert (SME) group located primarily in Baltimore, MD. This position will support the direction and priority of new concepts and processes which govern the use of key technologies within the Payload and Ground Systems (PGS) Division.
The Engineering Manager 2 will report to the Space Systems PGS Eastern Region Department, will require leadership of approximately 10-12 personnel, will be responsible for all projects assigned to the organizational
group and be an advisor to exempt employees.
The Engineering Manager 2 will balance focus between Space Systems Program performance and Functional management responsibilities. Programmatic focus will be on the activities to develop key technologies, integrate and shape solutions for Space Payload and Ground Systems Division while also supporting the creation of new strategies to win and execute future development programs. The selected candidate must have a broad understanding of all Engineering disciplines required for Space Systems and be able to support the resolution of technical issues.
The Manager will be responsible for:
- Day-to-day task management of multiple projects, ensuring projects have detailed plans and staffing is allocated efficiently, defines and monitors metrics to ensure projects are on track.
- Generate and evaluate Systems Engineering inputs to proposals in support of space business area
- Develop workload forecast for team members and ensure productive workload
- Assist Project Managers with scheduling and technical performance of projects and provides expertise regarding project documentation requirements; monitors adherence to processes, project plans and schedule performance.
- Perform and/or support others in technical planning, concept and requirements development, engineering leadership, make-or-buy decisions, verification and validation, cost and risk analysis, execute work packages, and assessment of effectiveness.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customers when necessary
- Review status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports
- Ensure that all applicable corporate policies and procedures are followed throughout organization
- Coordinate technical activities with staff
- Proactively improve processes
- Provide oversight of technical approach and progress on programs.
- Provide input to personnel performance evaluation, employee development, recruiting, and staffing/workload planning/forecasting
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our selecting the Best Qualified Managers
#spacepgs #ngfeaturedjobs #spacepgsseit Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- 7 + years of System Engineering experience. BS or higher in a technical discipline, with 2 years of technical project lead experience leading high performance teams and managing multiple priorities with cost and schedule responsibilities.
- Previous experience with leading technical teams of 10 or more employees or contractors
- Experience with Agile, MS Excel, MS Project, ClearCase, ClearQuest
- Must have active Top Secret clearance
- 10-12 years of Engineering management experience
- MS in a technical discipline
- 4+ years of technical project lead experience
- Leading and building high performing teams
- Experience with leading technical teams of 10 or more employees or contractors
- Experience with Agile, DOORS, MS Excel, MS Project, ClearCase, ClearQuest
- Must have active Top Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.