At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Mission Planner 4 working at Palmdale Plant 42 to support program by producing mission plans per engineering release in a dynamic flight test environment. This position may require intermittent travel to other sites on short-term assignments.
Interpret and clarify customer, test engineering, and pilot functional requirements in order to produce highly accurate and error free mission plans using Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) and other Mission Planning Suites. This requirement demands an individual with critical attention to detail, configuration management, and strong prescient analytical mind set, used to being self-motivated, to build computer based mission plans. The candidate will also help support software development of emerging mission planning software upgrades, and working with software development on improvements to mission planning software.
Mission Planner Duties:
- Creates unique mission plans using Latitude/Longitude waypoints. A Mission Planner builds these routes using the Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) in order to achieve detailed test plan objectives.
- Use survey data information including Digital Aeronautical Flight Information File (DAFIF) if available to determine coordinate locations.
- Complies with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and local airspace restrictions for all routes of flight including avoiding over flight of populated areas and no testing zones as deemed by applicable safety documentation.
- Coordinate the development of routes that meet developmental test, and acceptance test points.
- Coordinate with appropriate agencies and teams to ensure that missions meet safety and test requirements.
• 9 years experience in mission planning or flight test operations with Bachelors degree; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
• Top Secret Clearance Required to start
• Ability to obtain and maintain Special Program Access required
• Bachelors STEM degree
• Experience using Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS), Falcon view, etc.
• Former military and/or Navigator experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556638635Posted: 2020-05-21