At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
• Analyzes, researches, and develops structural engineering specifications for metallic, non-metallic and composite structures in all phases of the product life cycle from preliminary design to sustainment.
• Analyses of the structures could include loads, dynamics, stress, stability, fatigue, and thermal.
• Analyses will be performed utilizing hand calculations and or finite element software packages such as Nastran and FEMAP.
• When finite element models (FEMs) are appropriate, critical thinking skills will be required to develop a FEM to capture appropriate behavior of complex structures.
• When FEMs are not appropriate a solid understanding of structural engineering core concepts will be required to analyze components.
• Bachelor's Degree in STEM and 9 years of related experience, or a Master's in STEM with 7 years of related experience, or a PhD in STEM with 4 years of related experience
• Active Secret security clearance (or higher)
• Ability to obtain Program Special Access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs
• Military Aircraft experience
• DaDT/fatigue experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556638636Posted: 2020-05-21