Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems sector is seeking a Staff Database Developer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in McLean, VA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Department of State (DOS) Consular Systems Modernization (CSM) Program, for the Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA). This initiative is intended to modernize and consolidate the operational environment under a common technology framework in order to better support the services provided to CA's customers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Design, develop and maintains data analytics system architectures and designs, ETL Strategy, data management strategy
• Design, develop and maintain business rules, transformation rules and data transformation framework
• Provides innovative solutions for data centric systems with emphasis on structured/unstructured data analytic services
• Investigates and evaluates new data analytics algorithms and technologies to support investigative data analysis requirements
• Performs analysis, research, problem duplication, troubleshooting and identify potential resolutions for system defects and change requests
• Identifies improvement and technological solutions for data analytics services and data management system enhancements
• Follows processes and procedures to identify and implement process improvements and adapts quickly to change in direction from leads
• Participates in and conducts data extraction, transformation and load code, pre processing and post processing scripts and conducts peer reviews
• Effectively and actively communicates with the team lead, management, and the Customer
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
•Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, Information Systems, or an equivalent degree program
•Must have Department of State Enterprise Reporting (ER) experience.
•15+ years of experience in developing and maintaining data management systems
•6+ years of development experience with Informatica PowerCenter or similar COTs Tools
•Significant understanding and knowledge on RDBMS concepts, SQL skills and database programming expertise
•Prior strong data analysis, data analytics and ETL experiences
•Capable of a high level accuracy and attention to detail
•Must be a US citizen with a current, active Secret (or higher) clearance. An interim clearance may be considered.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556638641Posted: 2020-05-21