At Northrop Grumman, we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Missile Defense Systems Engineering organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Warfighter Training and Exercise team at Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP), is looking for you to join our team as a GMD Fire Control (GFC) SME/Support Analyst, based out of Schriever AFB, CO in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Directly support Warfighter Customers with GFC and simulation behavior expertise during daily training scenario runs
- Perform log file analysis, root cause analysis, and research in order to provide timely responses to customer questions and concerns
- Identify, investigate, and document GFC anomalies
- Develop and integrate new scenarios into the training scenario baseline, in accordance to customer requirements and training objectives.
- Integrate and evaluate GFC and simulator HW/SW changes to the training architecture.
- Provide Integration and test for all warfighter exercise activities to include but not limited to:
Technical planning and system integration
Interface connectivity and messaging
Element functionality and performance assessment
Comparison to real-world GMD/GFC behavior
Analysis and troubleshooting
Analysis of system anomalies
Develop/implement/evaluate anomaly response plans and solutions
Brief the warfighter on peculiarities of the exercise architecture, SIMISMS, and GFC issues for the event
Candidate must have excellent technical analysis, communication, and teamwork skills as position requires interfacing with MDA customers, military warfighters, GFC product team reps, and multiple MDIOC organizations across multiple contracts
Candidate must maintain key technical data and historical files containing behavior and technical implementation information
Candidate may support flight test and ground test operations as a GMD/GFC system behavior technical analyst
Position requires up to 10% travel
This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3.
Level 2: A minimum of a Bachelor's of science degree in STEM least 2 years of related work experience
Level 3: A minimum of a Bachelor's of science degree in STEM at least 5 years of related work experience;
- Active DoD Top Secret (TS) security clearance
- Proactive, Self-starter, eager to learn and assist customer with GMD
- Work effectively on a small team with multiple external teammates and customers
- Experience working on UNIX/Linux platforms
- Active TS/SCI access
- 2 or more years of GMD / GFC/C experience
- GFC/C and GMD system knowledge
- Technical analysis and technical communications experience
- Command and Control, radar, or missile systems training or operational support
- Test, integration, networking, or performance assessment experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.