At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Expand your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies.
Join us on the edge.... the Cutting Edge!
Northrop Grumman's Enterprise Services organization is seeking a PC Network Support Technician at it's Dulles, Virginia location. The selected candidate will monitor and operate electronic digital computers to process business, scientific, engineering, or other data according to operating instructions; ensure that correct peripheral equipment is utilized.
Job duties will include:
• Provide technical support for computers and associated networks.
• Installs, troubleshoots, services, and repairs personal computers, network equipment such as servers, modems, multiplexers, related PC software, telephones, cables, and connectors.
• Provide client and server, hardware, and software support.
• Install, services, and repairs client and server, and installs software.
• Connect clients, servers and terminals to existing data networks. Maintains trouble logs.
• Instruct users in the use of hardware and networks.
• Investigates information, network, and communications needs of users, and makes recommendations regarding software and hardware purchases.
• Perform basic client, server, and network software programming.
Specific responsibilities supporting Engineering and Manufacturing Operations:
• Off-network and lab environments - setup, maintenance, compliance and vulnerability remediation; support client and server domain migration.
• Engineering and Manufacturing system support - setup, maintenance, troubleshoot, compliance and vulnerability remediation.
• National Instruments - setup, maintenance, troubleshoot, compliance and vulnerability remediation of systems, and PXI and 1553 cards.
• Setup and configure rack mount workstations.
• Server application support.
• Engineering application support - install, configure, and troubleshoot engineering applications--to include but not limited to--WindRiver SPARC, National Instrument Labview, ANSYS Fluent, AstroRT, Softbench, Autocad/Thermal Desktop, EasyLobby, etc.
• Network data port activation and testing.
• Plus other duties as required.
•High School diploma or equivalent and 4 years additional education and/or related experience
•Demonstrated understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. (General knowledge of other related disciplines)
•Experienced with providing technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems.
•Subject matter expert in Windows OS and National Instruments.
•Expertise with client and server hardware, to include but not limited to: National Instrument PXI Chassis with various I/O interfaces (200 different types of cards), PowerEdge R640 Rack Server, Precision 7920 Rack, and Precision 5820 Workstations.
•Experience with engineering applications (as noted above).
•Ability to manage multiple priorities and time-sensitive mission critical needs.
•Experience supporting satellite manufacturing operations, hardware, software, etc.
•Experience with PowerShell scripting.
•Deployment of non-standard client and server images.
•Certifications: MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+
•Ability to work independently; appropriately escalate issues and roadblocks to leadership.
•Superior customer service and service delivery. Maintains composure in difficult situations, with challenging customers
•Demonstrates personal integrity and high ethical standards in customer contacts as well as all internal relationships.
•Masters unfamiliar information, tasks, and situations quickly and effectively.
•Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.