Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Training Devices Team Lead. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
Technical leader for all phases of the GBSD Training Devices/Simulators development lifecycle including: design, analysis, engineering, development, test, and delivery.
Leads design and development of innovative solution of Training Devices/Simulators and secure networking required for the large scale GBSD Training System solution.
Collaborates with internal/external engineers, product teams, suppliers and customers to develop and design the next generation of ICBM weapon system training.
Conducts themselves in a timely, effective, and caring/respectful manner as part of the entire Training Systems Team and Enterprise Program.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the management of cost, schedule, and technical performance for all Training Device development in support of GBSD Training.
• Provides leadership and direction to all Training Device Team program managers, project leads/managers, and staff members, including to ensure compliance with all contractual, program, and corporate operational requirements.
• Leads efforts to develop compliant and compelling training system architectures, CDRLs and quality plans/processes for training devices delivery.
• Managing and effectively communicating Training Systems Team program dependencies, critical path, and expectations to team members and program stakeholders, including senior-customer level engagements, presentations and reports to executive management.
• Assists in developing/negotiating contract changes, specifications, budgets, schedules and establishes terms and conditions for GBSD training systems and training delivery approaches as EMD and Production/Deployment phases mature.
• Develops strategic and tactical plans and processes to provide training capabilities accurately reflecting all required aspects of the operational weapon system consistent with company agile principles.
• Identifies opportunities for new scope and develops proposals for long-term sustainment of training systems within the AFNWC, AFGSC and AETC customer communities following GBSD Production/Deployment.
• Supports staffing actions of training program organization to effectively and efficiently address customer requirements within parameters of the NG GBSD proposal for Training Devices team.
• Management and oversight of major suppliers in support of Training Devices team.
• Evaluating effectiveness of daily actions and systems; troubleshoot any potential and/or existing problems; work with appropriate individuals to put solutions into action.
Supplemental Responsibilities may include:
• Enforcing quality and performance management and reporting actions related to all major areas of responsibility including the incorporation and execution of best practices and to minimize risks and optimize opportunities.
• Leading development and implementation of innovative business support, mentoring, partnering, and proactive planning and execution processes.
• Recruitment and sustainment efforts.
• Ensuring the resolution of inter- and intra-organizational problems in major areas of responsibility.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
GBSDJobs Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) Field and 7 years of engineering experience.
- Experience in leadership/leading teams or focused management roles relevant to program and/or project management, campaign execution, organizational collaboration, and communication across organizations.
- Experience in leading systems engineering development lifecycle of large scale training devices or training simulators that incorporate a blend of operational, COTS, and customized hardware and software.
- Experience with training and simulation networking architectures, security and standard interface in the Defense Industry.
- Active DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance must be held and maintained. (U.S. Citizenship is required.)
- Experience and/or familiarity with the Training Systems Ground Based Strategic Deterrent proposal/program or related/legacy programs-of-record.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
- Company-sponsored Project Management Training desired.
- Demonstrated success in business development/business and program growth.
- Able to discern and maintain confidential information; act with sensitivity and discretion.
- Natural aptitude for "forward thinking" (e.g. anticipate needs, analyze potential obstacles, and synthesize possible solutions).
- Analytical and visioning skills to drive current and future operations and business growth.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.