Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Staff Software Engineer
to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals supporting the Joint STARS program located in Melbourne, Florida
This senior level position will develop and maintain Joint STARS GUI/OpenGL, Motif, Central Computer, and Data Link software using C/C++, FORTRAN on a Linux platform. Provide the technical leadership needed to mentor junior engineers, and ensure that high quality products are delivered on time and within budget. Also responsible for supporting system architecture and design for Joint STARS modernization programs. This position requires expert level knowledge of Link 16, AIS, database management and optimization, and experience with Atlassian tools.
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 14 years of software engineering experience OR a Master's Degree in a (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 12 years of software engineering experience OR a PhD. in a (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of software engineering experience
- Experience developing software with C/C++, and FORTRAN programming languages
- Experience with OpenVMS, Linux/Unix operating systems development environments
- Experience developing GUI software with C/C++ programming languages, OpenGL, Motif/X Window interfaces
- Active DoD Interim Secret or Secret clearance
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related field with 20+ years' experience
- Ability to work independently and identify solutions to complex problems, and mentor junior engineers.
- Experience developing Joint STARS software with C/C++, and FORTRAN programming languages.
- Knowledge and experience of software tool development for any of these areas: Link 16, AIS or RADAR.
- Experience in supporting lab, and aircraft trouble-shooting, including hardware/software integration.
- Experience in development utilizing Atlassian Tool Suite (Jira & BitBucket)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.