Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is a leading global provider of secure software-defined, hardware enabled mission systems. Our company is pioneering capabilities in a wide variety of sectors that keep our nation and our allies safe from Undersea to Space and Cyberspace.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Principal Embedded Software Engineer to work within a team that is responsible for writing device drivers, middleware, and application development for Linux and/or VxWorks Platforms. The work will involve design, development, integration, debugging, and verification of software and drivers in C/C++ and AGILE. The person will interface with systems engineering to develop flow down software requirements and technical specifications. This person will need to identify risks, suggest mitigation, track defects and develop resolutions and report status. This person will also develop and execute unit and build verification test plans, track and report test status.
This position is located in Linthicum, MD.
Meet Your Potential Manager:
https://secure.sparcstart.com/jobs/Principal-Embedded-Software-Engineer--Secure-Processing-Baltimore-Maryland-United-States-2872 Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline
- A minimum of east 5 years of experience in related industry (3 years with Master's Degree; 0 years with PhD)
- Proficiency in AGILE or C/C++ and real-time processing including: processes threads, scheduling, synchronization mechanisms and memory management required.
- Experience with full software lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug and maintenance required
- Familiarity with a structured process driven software development environment including peer reviews of all work products, using a revision control system, defect tracking and build release practices required
- An ACTIVE US DoD Security Clearance at the Secret Level (or higher) is required for this position
- This position requires that candidates be able to obtain and maintain a Special Access Programs (SAP) prior to starting employment.
- Experience with development drivers and middleware (RTOS, Linux and/or VxWorks) and anti-tampering (cryptographic,
secure comms, logging, SW deployment) is preferred
- Experience with test framework/application and system verification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556638662Posted: 2020-05-21