At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making
As a Financial Analyst for our Aerospace Structures group you will be responsible for supporting our programs and plant. This position will work very closely with program management, operational leaders, internal and external customers, and other sites within Aerospace Structures Division.
You will work with the Finance team as well as other departments on the following:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications
- Prepare and analyze financial reports and communicate recommendations to management in a clear, organized summary.
- Analyze spending and cost of production weekly and provide direction to management to balance risk and cost targets.
- Provide monthly / quarterly reporting and analysis to support business processes.
- Assist in planning and forecasting program financial performance. Prepare future strategic plans.
- Serve as a resource to management in understanding results by reporting and investigating variances.
- Use financial reporting and provide analysis of key metrics to direct management toward areas of improvement or to surface operational issues.
- Support proposal and pricing efforts for both new business and changes to existing customer contracts.
- Develop, maintain, and establish financial information systems considering such things as labor tracking, material consumption, and total cost on operation floor.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and process efficiencies. Perform special projects related to financial and budget analysis.
- Coordinate quarterly EAC (Estimate at Complete) process
- Able to efficiently work independently or with a team to achieve the desired objective by the specified deadline.
6 years of related accounting or financial experience with a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics or related field OR 4 years with a Master's Degree.
Knowledge of applications in a computerized environment, including spreadsheet applications and data bases (e.g. MS Excel, MS Access, MS Power Point).
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Other Skills & Qualifications:
- Program cost control
- Proposal and pricing support
- Planning and forecasting
- Communication of program performance to management
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Experience with GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, Government Compliance or accounting.
- Experience in related work such as cost analysis or estimating in a manufacturing environment.
- Masters degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field from an accredited four-year college or university (will be verified).
- Demonstrated analytical acumen and problem-solving skills.
- Experience partnering and supporting senior leaders of any functional business unit.
- Understanding of and/or experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS).
- Experience in program/cost accounting, and legal/contracts
- Independent self-starter and proactive contributor. Seeks to continually improve business processes and add value.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Demonstrated success building partnerships across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments in order to meet deadlines. Organize deliverables in a clean and presentable format.
- Operational knowledge of manufacturing, engineering, and business environments may enhance candidate's potential for success
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
Competencies for Success:
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set, through schooling and training
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
Northrop Grumman is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products - and your ideas - into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you'll be amazed at what you can do!
Posting ID: 556638663Posted: 2020-05-21