At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have ambitious new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Strategic Space Systems has an opening for a Systems Engineering Manager 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Space Park, Redondo Beach, California.
The program is a high priority, cross-sector capture valued at ~ $300M over 4 years that involves the rapid fielding of numerous small satellites for a restricted customer. SSSD is the lead for Mission Engineering, Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) and Cross-Domain coordination. The Program SEIT Lead will be responsible for oversight of the Cost, Schedule, and Engineering support for the SSSD portions on the proposal and program. This role will be responsible for the development of a streamlined systems engineering management plan and the oversight of a team of engineers responsible for performance analyses, interface definition, requirements decomposition and verification planning and execution. The Program SEIT Lead will interface directly with the customer and internal senior leadership and will also be responsible for working across sectors to establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline with 7+ years of experience in Systems Engineering (5+ with a MS STEM degree, 3+ with a PhD STEM degree)
- Active TS/SCI clearance and ability to obtain a SAP
- Prior experience as a manager or team lead
- Advanced Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)
- Previous IPT, SEIT Lead or Program Management experience with proposal and program execution
- Prefer strong technical knowledge with advanced RF / Digital satellite payloads.
- Prefer experience with streamlined program execution consistent with reduced mission class program.
- Project experience in system modeling, conops definition, and/or ICD development and/or management
- 5+ years of technical management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Aptitude to develop and execute to a strategy
- Self-directed technical leader with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interface with senior management, peers, and employees
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556638669Posted: 2020-05-21