At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Missile Defense Solutions Engineering organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP) is looking for you to join our team as a Systems Engineer based out of Colorado Springs. What You'll get to Do:
C2BMC External or Internal Interface Engineer conducting interface definition and revision to incorporate new system capabilities and spiral development changes that affect the C2BMC interface. Primary responsibility will be developing and updating XML schemas (.xsd files) to support multiple Interface Control Documents (ICDs). Will work with multiple ICD authors and participate in multiple technical working groups to apply knowledge of the system domain and interface exchange requirements. Must have working knowledge of XML and proficiency in XML Spy. Successful candidate will attend interface working group meetings with MDA customer and representatives of assigned external element engineering organization as well as support to program integration and test related efforts for the associated interface. Successful candidate may also be assigned to support: other interface engineers in developing ICDs for other BMDS Elements; XML schema development; requirements engineering, use case development, and logical architecture modeling tasks as SE department tasking dictates. Successful candidate will support spiral leadership to assure interface artifacts and system assessment tasks required for the assigned sensor interface are completed when required.
Demonstrated Systems Engineering skills and experience with interface engineering, to include: message definition and processing rules; message formatting (e.g. XML, VMF, et al); physical/network specifications and models, to include the ISO OSI model; physical/network topologies and devices; network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, et al). In addition, requirements engineering, to include experience working with IBM Rational's Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS). Desired skills include: requirements engineering, use case development, logical architecture modeling, MBSE modeling, to include: behavioral modeling (use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, statechart diagrams, etc.); structural modeling (structural composition diagrams, interface diagrams, conceptual object diagrams, etc.); et al., SysML, BMDS domain experience, RMF-based cyber security, and project planning utilizing MS Project, and Earned Value Management techniques and tools. Experience with Agile or Iterative Development Methods. Past experience with LRDR or other MDS sensor elements is a significant plus. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Math, Science, Engineering, or Software Engineering and a minimum of 5 years related work experience. Or 3 years of related work experience and a Master's degree.
- Secret DoD Clearance is required upon Start
- Requirements engineering, use case development, logical architecture modeling, MBSE modeling, to include: behavioral modeling (use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, statechart diagrams, etc.)
- Structural modeling (structural composition diagrams, interface diagrams, conceptual object diagrams, etc.); et al.
- SysML, BMDS domain experience, RMF-based cyber security, and project planning utilizing MS Project, and Earned Value Management techniques and tools
- Missile Defense Agency (MDA) sensor domain experience a plus.
- Specific interface experience with the MDA elements or sensors is a significant plus.
- Experience with team leadership, task tracking, and issue resolution coordination is a significant plus.
- Experience with Agile/Iterative development methods is also a significant plus.
What We Can Offer You:
- 5 years minimum professional experience with a bachelors degree, or 3 years minimum professional experience with a related masters degree.
- Demonstrated Systems Engineering skills and experience with interface engineering, to include: message definition and processing rules; message formatting (e.g. XML, VMF, et al); physical/network specifications and models, to include the ISO OSI model; physical/network topologies and devices; network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, et al).
- Working knowledge of XML and proficiency in XML Spy.
- Requirements engineering, to include experience working with IBM Rational's Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS).
- Mid-Career experience performing pre-PDR systems engineering for DoD Information Systems.
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Flexible Work Arrangements
https://benefits.northropgrumman.com/us/en2/BenefitsOverview/Pages/default.aspx Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world. Our Values
. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve. Our Responsibility
. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.